Trans-Atlantic S2S Events - 20th April 2019 and 2nd November 2019

Ok I will be on DM/SR-012 on 30m and 20m FT8. Can run 100W if I have to. Half-wave vert on 20m, inv L on 30. 10m mast. Do we call on 10.136 or 10.132?

wx forecast map for Saturday AM along east coast. W1/W2/W3/VE2 not looking good. I’ll be on the side lines for this one. No soak test for me.

10.132 for this event, but I guess people can jump to 10.136 if they need more contacts.

1 Like

Me and Karl (OE6LKG) will be on the Reinischkogel on Saturday, where forecasts are exceptionally good. Here is the alert:

Alert

We will probably take Karl’s FT-817 and a small linear, so 20W output. Good luck everyone.

73 de OE6FEG & OE6LKG
                      Matt

Roger roger. I changed my alert accordingly. Now I am heading to DM/RP-171 to check out that everything works. Last week I already tried /P but not on a summit. They got rare these days in my area… Also test my 3€ ublox neo 6 GPS receiver for the first time in the field.

They’re calling for 60mm rain in most of VE3 land over Friday & Saturday…especially in the part of the province that we can actually get to a summit in a few hours - most take days to drive to.

I’ll be sitting this one out.

I went to DM/RP-171, Röster Kopf - 708m, 6 Points near Trier today to check out my FT8 gear in preparation for tomorrow’s VK/ZL event. Setting up all that stuff so that everything works is not that easy in the field. I have synchronized my time on the laptop via NTP & internet before I left, but could not decode anything on the summit. I had my uBlox Neo 6 GPS with me and after I had a fix the time was even worse (maybe RF into the GPS module?). With the lastest version of BktTimeSync I was able to set the DT manually (-2,5 sek) and that worked in the end. I was running 20W on my FT-891. 20W FT8 drew 9.2 amperes. I worked 5 contacts on FT8:

Later I switched to SSB, where I worked 18 more contacts. SSB was sure quicker and easier.

Will use the same setup later during the event.
Here I where I`ve been heard 13:15 - 13:45 UTC from the summit:

1 Like

I see Nick has alerted for TW-004, so that’s hopefully 3 TWs on the air Dave. Hope to catch you both amongst the DX!

1 Like

Hello John,
Just in case, let me remind you that tomorrow’s will be the Trans-Atlantic S2S event.
Cheers,

Guru

Oh. Guru, I take what I get. :blush:

Hi Guru,
The transatlantic event is on Saturday - 20th April.

Tomorrow (19th) there’s a FT8 event I believe - I think from the timing that’s meant to be EU-VK/ZL.

73 Ed.

1 Like

Oh damn, can a mod move my post above to “30m CW / FT8 DX S2S event - Good Friday 19th April 2019” please?

And I hoped you might be persuaded to come out to play on Saturday as well as Friday with the FT8 gear John. You know it needs a good soak test. :grinning:

1 Like

Hey, I can not go out every day. :joy: Today I drove 200km for my 2 summits… Tomorrow one, Sunday another one (250km)…

Hi Ed,
Ok, my fault. Sorry, John and all if I confused any of you. When I wrote my post, in my mind, I was on Friday…
It’s a joy that it’s still thursday, as I’ll still have one more day off work :smile:

Guru

1 Like

I think my weather forecast is much the same as Barry’s. I have been hoping for an improved outlook, but no. I also will have to sit out due to lousy weather.
:frowning:, Malcolm VE2DDZ

I will have to sit this one out too because of bad WX forecast for tomorrow

Ariel NY4G

Sounds like many NA participants who make it out may get a soak test :cloud_with_rain:

2 Likes
15:30 WA7JTM on W7A/PK-TBD 14.062-18.092-7.033-others-cw
multiple peaks?, looking 4 s2s, EU not likely in AZ, s+7 (Posted by WA7JTM)

Well I will still be looking for you Pete. Keep an ear open for me between your NA callers. :grinning:

73, Gerald G4OIG… will be operating as GW8CXK/P

Will do Gerald…I figure if I work anyone in EU it just might be you!

I did not mention 15 Meters in my alert, but that band is also one I will be checking for an opening.

Good Luck!

Pete
WA7JTM