Trans-Atlantic QSO Party - 5th November 2022 (Part 1)

Just the usual heads up for the next Trans-Atlantic event on 5th November 2022, core time 13:00 to 17:00 UTC, though the East Coast Earlybirds may be on their summits earlier. The November event is usually the better of the two in the year.

I’m hoping to be up in GM once again on a suitable summit with track access to facilitate descent in the dark. Looking forward to making some good contacts over the pond. :grinning:

73, Gerald (most likely to be active as GM4OIG/P)

13 Likes

Thanks for the info Gerald, I will be up a G/TW summit on 5/11/2022, with 20m capability, will give it a go!

Tony

2 Likes

Errr… sort of a genuine question… do fireworks have any effect on conditions?

73, Lea M0XPO

4 Likes

You might be able to launch your antenna higher.
Recommend FT4 though because it won’t last long.

Pyro-scatter might be a new propogation mode, maybe at UHF/SHF?

4 Likes

I would expect the majority to be back at base in good time for the pyrotechnics… unless you’re like me who would prefer an extended stay on a summit to any firework display. Is this year’s going to be any different to last year? :grinning:

1 Like

For the Americans reading this post, the Brits are talking about Guy Fawkes Night also known as Fireworks Night. In the USA, it’s National Redheads Day !! I guess you can bring a red head to the summit with you for good luck.
73!
Mike, WB2FUV

9 Likes

Hi,
There are two weeks and one day left until the event. I will try to be in EA7/GR-068.
73 José

4 Likes

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to join this year due to other comittments :cry:
Fingers crossed for good propagation! Looking forward to reading lots of interesting reports.

73, Roman

4 Likes

Must have started early then maybe as I had N1CFO/P Eric today without being up a summit.
So Thanks Eric if you’re reading this.

3 Likes

Have a summit picked out…hope the bands and weather cooperate!

Pete
WA7JTM
W7A

1 Like

Hope to break your pile up this time Pete. Will be looking out for you. :grinning:

1 Like

Shout Loud Please!!!

Hi Hi

Pete

2 Likes

Empires were built on this principle. :wink:

In this more enlightened age, I’ll turn the power up and adopt my best BBC voice (it is the centenary after all).

And to avoid any confusion, BBC is British Broadcasting Corporation

2 Likes

I had a fantastic time doing this last year and I’m really looking forward to trying it again. If it’s not raining, I plan to be on Kennedy Peak W4V/SH-024, this time with a whip vertical and nine radials for a ground plane driven with a Hardrock 50 amp. The reports of activity on 10m have me thinking of putting together a Moxon for that band out of fiberglass poles to carry up to the summit.

2 Likes

Tnx Gerald for setting this up!
Count me in, so DM/NS will be there. Will be qrv on 14, 18, 28 megs with my vertical DX magnet. :zap:

Ahoi
Pom

3 Likes

Alert posted at 13h00 utc.
I chose VE2/QC-029 because of a nice take off angle to Europe.
I will try all bands up to 10m, mainly on CW but I will chase on SSB at 10w.

See you soon.
73, Éric

3 Likes

Sorry, the weather says no here :frowning:
70 kph and -13C windchill.

1 Like

Not looking too good here either Colm. The forecast shows rain from Tuesday. Still a bit early for an accurate forecast for next Saturday so we’ll see.

2 Likes

Are you a man or a mouse :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Given the other kite raised antenna thread, I’m just worried about my kite, wire and radio ending up as a strange shaped hailstone in Wales :wink:

3 Likes