Tom MW1EYP/P Warning

Tom,
I just saw your activation alert for Sunday and thought I had better warn you to be there early as Sunday is The final round of the Merida Bikes MTB (mountain bikes)Marathon Series 2007 from/to Ruthin, North Wales. The event will be based at the Rugby Club and heads up over the Clwydian hills and back eventually to Ruthin, there are four classes of entrant from 25km through 100km. I will be out with Raynet on the top carpark of Moel Famau. For a good portion of the day it will be impossible to get in or out of the carpark and at various times the roads will be either closed or at a standstill. Last year the weather was bad and there where still about three thousand entrants. If you are still planning to come you will need to be in the carpark at the base of Moel Famau before 9am BST. I will be on station before 8:30 and operating a cross band repeater on behalf of Flintshire RAYNET so you will see me.

regards Steve GW7AAV

Thanks Steve. If we’re up and out early enough, we will see you up there. If not, we may divert to Cyrn-y-Brain.