TM15SOTA TM1SOTA TM2SOTA (Part 1)

Hi All,

On the occasion of the 15th anniversary of the SOTA program in France (Summits On The Air), the callsign “TM15SOTA” will be activated from April 15, 2022.

A series of 3 awards will be put into play.

For the “chasers” it will be necessary to have contacted “15”, “30” or “40 and +” different summits, with the calls TM15SOTA or TM1SOTA and TM2SOTA over the period extending from April 15 to December 31, 2022.

Activators will receive a diploma for their participation.

Planned traffic dates are:

• TM15SOTA on April 15, 16, 17, 18, 23 and 24 as well as May 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 27, 28 and 29, 2022
  • TM1SOTA period June and July
  • TM2SOTA period August and September
  • TM15SOTA period October, November and December

More information to come…
Bob F5HTR

73, Éric
F5JKK

30 Likes

Hello folks, (thanks Eric)

We have created a page at QRZ.com (TM5SOTA).

On friday the 15th, depending on the weather conditions, frenchies will activate:
FL/VL-070, F/AM-396, F/CR-209, FL/NO-042 using the same callsign TM15SOTA from morning to afternoon.
A chance to get 4 different summits in one day.

more info in the fly.

5 Likes

Hi all,

Please note that in principle you will not have a station on the same band in the same mode.

To avoid any confusion, check the alerts on SOTAwatch and consider a self spot more than an RBN spot.

Happy hunting everyone, s2s are welcome.

73, Éric
F5JKK

4 Likes

Hi all,

Last news

For the next 4 days you can expect 10 TM15SOTA different summits :wink:

Stay tuned and good luck :four_leaf_clover:

Happy Easter.

73, Éric
F5JKK

8 Likes

Please listen REF and after my activation I will upload my log.
I will be QRV on CW and on SSB, Fabienne F4JAI/P will work TM15SOTA.
73 QRO - Roger (F5LKW/P)

3 Likes

Hi all

Book the date, easter weekend is coming !!!

Saturday, I will activate Cime de Baudon F/AM-544.

Hope to talk with all of you !

Good Luck for starters tomorrow… Let’s warm-up!

1 Like

Oyé Oyé Ladies and Gentlemen !
TM15SOTA Activities on 15/04/2022.
Please CHASERS listen SOTA REF while QSO.
On the same day, same time, same band but different mode you can work several summits with the same call: TM15SOTA

• FL/VL-070 (by F5HTR) at 06:00z on 7 Mhz
  • F/CR-209 (by F4JAI - SSB & F5LKW - CW) at 07:00z on 5-7-10-14 Mhz
  • F/AM-396 (by F4JCF - SSB & F6HBI - CW) at 09:30z on all bands
  • FL/NO-042 (by F6ENO - CW) at 13:00z on 7-14 Mhz

Please, listen and listen the right reference.
73 QRO and let’s go to funny crazy day !

2 Likes

I hope to be out tomorrow morning with the special callsign GB20SOTA from G/SP-015, so hoping for a very special S2S with TM15SOTA.

5 Likes

Will be out (hopefully) on a summit this Sunday the 17th so certainly will look out for you.

If all goes well shall be a unactivated summit in a remote area.

73’s Wal VK2WP HAPPY EASTER ALL

1 Like

Morning (just aftter local sunrise) propagation is weird. Heard plenty of chasers on 40 metres, but not the faintest blip from any of the activators others were clearly hearing. In one case, I’d guess skip was just long enough to miss me, but TM15SOTA should have been a good distance. Maybe just the wrong direction…

1 Like

Hi Rick, @M0LEP

I’m at 312km from FL/VL-070 and can’t heard Bob on 40m :upside_down_face:
Wait you may RX other 3 activation’s

73, Éric

1 Like

TM15SOTA on the way :=)

1 Like

FL/VL-070 is about 720kms from here, and that can be a tricky distance. Caught TM15SOTA on F/CR-209 (a little later and a rather better distance at about 1100kms away) on 30 metres CW, but couldn’t hear the spotted SSB on 40 metres. :wink:

1 Like

grafik

:thinking:

73 Armin

1 Like

RBN won’t cope so well with the same callsign working from more than one location, unless the alerts have been very carefully crafted and the operators are synchronising their operations. Best rely on references as given over-the-air (and the activator on F/CR-209 earlier was giving the reference very frequently). Failing that, give the self-spots more credance than the RBN spots. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi Armin,
Like I said before don’t take account on RBN spot
on your spot settings toggle expanded spots and you can see the difference :crazy_face:

73, Éric

2 Likes

Bingo, four TM15SOTA REFs for the first day, thanks guys for your good ears (35W FD3)
73, Nico

1 Like

I hope the bands improve where I am but I managed to get Roger I think, so if it was the thanks Roger I will keep trying.
Best 73

Salut Eric, Je t’ai entendu et répondu à deux reprise mais vraiment la propagation était nulle ce matin ! 73

1 Like

Hi all,

Tomorrow 16/04/2022 you can expect 2 summits with TM15SOTA :

• F/AM-544
  • FL/VL-007

73, Éric

1 Like