Third North America to Europe S2S Event 2017

Forgive me if this has been posted somewhere else but I noticed there are advanced alerts for 11th November for the NA <> EU S2S event - I wondered if this was an ‘official’ date? I’ve not participated before but would be keen to do so this year.

Thanks, Mark. M0NOM

I think that is when it was held last year. Is too much scheduling emphasis being placed on avoiding contests, since we would surely benefit in terms of daylight and weather by moving it into September or October? I will try to participate either way.

Barry N1EU

11th November would work very well for me, I’ll be in EA8 and able to offer Africa to both EU and NA stations.

1 Like

Hi all

So, it will be Nov 11th or Nov 18 ?
I’m in on both dates!

73 de Pedro, CT1DBS/CU3HF

The SFI reading isn’t the only thing that’s unstable :wink:
SOTAWatch gives alerts on 19 Nov :thinking:

1 Like

I see those alerts on Nov 19 but that must be a mistake - that’s in the middle of the ARRL Sweepstakes SSB contest when the ssb band segments will be packed solid in the US.

1 Like

I had a dig about and can see Gerald G4OIG had suggested 19th November. Ignoring any propagation issues, if the ARRL sweepstakes are going to be a real hazard to NA stations then it would be wise to revise the date.

Looking on the net I see these contests listed and none of them look to be huge.

  • WAE DX Contest, RTTY 0000Z, Nov 11 to 2359Z, Nov 12
  • 10-10 Int. Fall Contest, Digital 0001Z, Nov 11 to 2359Z, Nov 12
  • JIDX Phone Contest 0700Z, Nov 11 to 1300Z, Nov 12
  • OK/OM DX Contest, CW 1200Z, Nov 11 to 1200Z, Nov 12
  • SKCC Weekend Sprintathon 1200Z, Nov 11 to 2400Z, Nov 12
  • Kentucky QSO Party 1400Z, Nov 11 to 0200Z, Nov 12
  • CQ-WE Contest 1900Z-2300Z, Nov 11 (CW/Digital)

I could, or the MT could just take over and say we’ll move they date, but I’d be happier for a date move to occur only if it was reached through concensus. Whichever date is selected there will be winners and losers. I have a vested interested in the other date (11th November) as I am more of DX station then. I’m surprised that Gerald hasn’t commented so I can only assume he’s not seen the thread.

So what do other’s think?

I’m afraid I can only make the afternoon of Sunday 12 (UTC). Please don’t let that influence against others’ wishes (as if…) as I would only be on a little 1-pointer down south

I enjoyed the last such event, and hope to participate in the next. I don’t have a personal preference for the date, and will try to be active whichever is decided. If nice WX can be included, so much the better :smile:

Nov.11 or 12, with a slight personal preference for Nov.11 (Saturday), around 1400-1500Z or thereabouts, 20/17M cw/ssb. I suspect ssb is going to be very difficult with my 15W and cw has a much better chance of crossing the pond.

I’m on RAYNET duties on 11th otherwise either weekend is fine. I would imagine from the UK side (and obviously large parts of Northern America) that WX plays a huge part in who participates on the day!

Regards, Mark. M0NOM