Thanks ZL

Big thanks to the ZL Chasers who called in to G/SP-013 Gun this morning. The path to ZL has been shocking recently and the last time I worked New Zealand was back April this year. So, to finish up with four in the log in these band conditions was real surprise. Two worked on 40m ssb using the 40m home brew inverted vee dipole and two worked on 20m ssb, using the Antron-99. Four contacts from ZL into Europe during an activation, is extremely rare. Oh and not forgetting John VK6NU, too.

Maybe some light at the end of the tunnel.

2E0YYY

7 Likes

Good to catch you this morning Mickie,
I could not hear a sniff of RF from ZL on my island paradise in the Med, Just been looking on ITURH Prop. You hit the greyline to ZL with splendid accuracy. Malta was miles off the grey line but with a good path to UK.

Well done
David 9H3DS

1 Like

Hi Mickey! Congrats on your DX.

Just for the record, I worked ZL2IFB on 80m on Sunday morning (30th Sept) at 0613 UTC, using my 100 ft doublet.

Hope you enjoyed the Newark Hamfest. I was not there … it’s a bit too far for me to travel there and back in one day.

Walt (G3NYY)

Thanks Walt. It was very busy at the Hamfest. Nice work on the 80m contact into ZL.

A few months ago, I had a busted ZL contact on the 80m band from a HuMP. Got his callsign, just couldn’t drag the report out.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

Hi David,

Yeah, timing is everything.

Good to chat this morning and off course, at the rally.

73 Mike

A bit of a struggle, but this was really groundwave DX!

1 Like