Thanks to everyone

Hi did my first summit today as a activator started with G/WB005 Long Mynd ,made 7 contacts in all till rain stopped play ,best contact of the day was a summit to summit with Walt G3NYY who was on Winter hill Bolton ,all contacts on 2 fm with a 817 18 foot pole and a mfd ,been chasing for a while but me and other half Chezz M6RAL are getting the out door radio bug ,thanks to all i spoke with today …TNX G7RHF

In reply to G7RHF:

I missed you Alan!!

What time were you on? I was up Plynlimon today!!

Matt 2E0XTL

In reply to G7RHF:

HI Alan,

Welcome to SOTA and Im sorry to say you will have to get used to the wet stuff,as much as I dont like it,Im glad someone else has it following them round the hills ( HI Hi)

As everyone here will tell: SOTA is more addictive than you realise and far more better for your health than other addictions!!

Hope to catch you soon from a summit near me or even better S2S

Best 73

Tony

In reply to G7RHF:

Glad you had a succesful first activation, & that there are two of you to share carrying the gear :wink:

2m FM during a weekday was probably a the best bet for the most contacts, but at weekends or with a prior alert on Sotawatch you may find 2m SSB giving you more distant contacts.

With an FT817 there is of course HF to play with as well, if you wish, which can be a whole new ball game :wink:

Welcome to Sota to you & Chezz :slight_smile:

Mark G0VOF