Thanks to DL1JMS/P on DM/SA-025

Can I offer my sincere thanks to Matthias DL1JMS/P for our QSO on 28.470 ssb today, from DM/SA-025.

This was my 5,000th summit/activator worked and another of my self set milestones has been accomplished. Thanks again.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Tnx Matthias for our 10 mtr QSO. FB Mike on your 5,000 th worked, some acheivement. Now you can do the gardening!
Cheers Jeff

In reply to GW0DSP:

many congratulations Mike.
GL with the next 5000 and hpe cuagn.

Vy73 de Fritz

In reply to GW0DSP:
Congrates Mike, for this personal milestone. Wish you all the best and will be glad to work you next time.

73’s, Ralf DH3IAJ

In reply to GW0DSP:
Not bad for a beginner :wink:

In reply to DH8DX:

hi Mike,

congrats !!!

vy 73 Klaus

In reply to GW0DSP:
Hello Mike, it pleases me that it is your 5000th summit my congratulation.
With me it was the 100th activation. Look to flickr…
At this time was good condition to G and EI.
Best 73 Matthias DL1JMS

In reply to DL1JMS:

Hi Matthias

Yes, I just looked at the photos and got the info on your 100th summit so a double celebration, thank you.

Thanks also to everyone else for the congrats.

vy 73

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Well done, Mike!

Shack Sloth X 10 = Supersloth

Supersloth X 10 = hypersloth?

Who will be the first? You’re in with a chance, Mike!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

You have lost me Brian, this thread was about the fact that I have worked over 5,000 summits/activators and nothing to do with supersloth or hypersloth.

Are you doing a little bit of fishing Brian, after I emailed you? The content of the email told you about my future plans as a serious sota chaser;-)

However, be assured, I hope to be the first double supersloth, plus I have two other personal goals to reach, one being to chase every GW and G summit, I need just 3 summits to do that, GW/MW-021 and G/SB-006 and 009, but I can guarantee you that I will definitely not be the first hypersloth.

I have scored almost 20,000 chaser points in 18 months, at that same scoring rate it would take me another six years of the same height of commitment to make hypersloth. No thanks!

I expect to make a statement in the next few weeks in regards to my future within sota, so watch this space.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

No, Mike, just went off at a bit of a tangent, a bad habit of mine. “Hypersloth” is doable now, a few years ago it was unimaginable! All this due to many more countries and the expanding contribution of CW, what will it be like in a few years time? But these speculations are, I admit, out of place. Sorry!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

No need for sorry mate. I thought maybe you were road testing a hip flask of single malt;-)

Hypersloth is a very long way away yet. I know from my own experience that the level of commitment required to score points at the same rate which I have done up to now. Nobody can give that sort of commitment for 7.5 years solid from scratch, they would crack up or get divorce papers served;-) Even a chaser near to 20,000 points at the moment wold need at least 6 years to achieve it.

I have been fotunate in that I retired early in life and that for vhf/uhf I have a terrific take off to all summits except south wales plus my quagi is a good antenna, also, I am a mulimode/band chaser, the first hypersloth will 100% be a multimode/band person, good luck to them whoever it is, a few do spring to mind.

Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:

“the first hypersloth will 100% be a multimode/band person, good luck to them whoever it is”

This is certainly true, as a multiband phone only chaser after nearly four and a half years my score stands at about 5200, at this rate I will have to rival Methusalah to reach hypersloth! However the potential score rate is increasing by leaps and bounds for those with CW capability and I think we might be pleasantly surprised!

Is your quagi from Sandpiper? I’m in the market for a new beam!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

In reply to GW0DSP:

However the potential score rate is increasing by leaps and bounds for those with CW capability and I think we might be pleasantly surprised!

I don’t think so myself, because the damage about to be done with the removal so many 10 point German summits at the end of the year will have a very dramatic direct effect on chaser scores. A vast majority of my big scoring days were due to these same summits.

Is your quagi from Sandpiper? I’m in the market for a new beam!

No, it’s a home brew 9 element wide spaced quagi array, the boom is 17ft.

Mike