Thanks for Ham Radio

I’ve been deeply sad for days and the demon of my bipolar depression has been awakened. Because of the senseless suffering and death of thousands of people in the current war. I feel so helpless and terrified at the boundless ignorance of the few who support war.

Then I took my Anytone DMR radio and programmed the plug code. And could think of other things for a few minutes.

My next activations will certainly also be helpful.
Thanks for Ham radio.

73 Chris

54 Likes

Hello Chris, i will say thank you for your open words. I can feel the same and you are not alone. Think allways it will become better in 2 or 3 hours. Go out for a little walk in nature. Do nothing, only look in this wonderfull word. The water, trees, animals. Listen your favorite music. Perhaps with teardrops in your eyes, it will help you. I wish you the best. Jürgen/73

6 Likes

Chris, it takes some real bravery to openly discuss mental health issues. When we see a blind man trying to cross the road we can stop and offer assistance. When we see someone in the supermarket in a wheel chair we can offer to reach down items from high shelves. But we cannot see someone with mental health issues and when we are told we don’t know what to do or how to help. Many times people will avoid contact when they learn of such issues.

Well Chris, I’m here to offer whatever help, support and understanding I can. I see many people clicked the like button on your post, it seems those people want to help and support you too.

Stay strong and calm.

21 Likes

Dear Chris @DL1CR,
I’m one of those, although I admit I don’t know how to help you on overtaking that difficult situation.
But I have the feel that being there close to you should be of help.
If you feel like talking, exchanging emails, making CW QSOs on the bands can be of any help, I’ll be more than pleased to do whatever you want for you and with you.
Just let me know, dear Chris
Let me send you a big hug as a starting point.

Guru

12 Likes

Hello Chris,

I’m so sorry to read that you’ve been having a tough time. I’m sure many of us have been affected very deeply by current events. I certainly have, and I’ve no doubt that it must be particularly difficult for those that may have deeper struggles with their mental health. I completely understand your ‘Thanks for Ham Radio’ sentiment. I’ve had many uplifting experiences both with SOTA and amateur radio more generally where it’s enabled me to forget about any current struggles or negative things in life. I hope you feel better soon and I’m sure many of us are looking forward to a QSO with you sometime soon.

Take care,

Matthew

5 Likes

Thank you for your empathy. I’m doing quite well again, I have enough “counterweight” through yoga, tai chi, qigong, meditation and above all through my friends and family.
As you say amateur radio is are a great help and take my mind off things.

73 Chris

14 Likes

Chris,

Well done for being open about this. It is in my family too. It is significant and a struggle.
Getting out into nature can help. I encourage you to be physically active and close to nature. This is part of the magic of SOTA.

Andrew vk1da/vk2uh

4 Likes