Thank You to the Activators

Hi myname is Colin. I have just managed to receive the Mountain Hunter Bronze and Chaser 100 award. If it was not for you guys I would not be able to achieve this.
I am shack bound because 22 years ago on the 14th March I had a very nasty road accident, which has resulted in a permanent disability. I now get around using a Mobility Scooter.
Thanks again guys for all your dedication.
I suppose I could use the train on Snowdon; but that would be cheating :).

Colin G4SXR

In reply to G4SXR:

Hi, Colin. Well done on the awards. You might like to look at this site: burtonarc.co.uk - burtonarc Resources and Information. which lists a fair number of summits suitable for activation by people with disabilities, and note that the MT are prepared to issue a waiver for disabled people that would enable them to operate using mobility scooters.

Brian G8ADD

PS Using the train for access on Snowdon would not be cheating because it terminates just outside the AZ and you would need to move uphill a short distance before operating!

In reply to G4SXR:
I look forward to working you from a summit very soon then Colin!

Jonathan
M6HBS

Hi Colin,

The SOTA pleasure is on both sides. Thank you for chasing!

73, Peter - ON4UP

Hi Colin,

73, Peter - ON4UP

Congratulations Colin on the Mountain Hunter Bronze Award.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to G4SXR:
Hello Colin, happy to contact you in next SOTA …
73’ Stef - ON8OO

In reply to ON4UP:

I agree entirely Peter. Where would we activators be without a dedicated band of chasers looking for us on the hills?

Well done Colin on what you have achieved. I’m sure there is more to come! As Brian says there are several summits that you might try out. Not too far from you is Win Green G/SC-008 where the upper part of the car park is in the AZ and there’s a lovely fence to strap your pole to.

73, Gerald G4OIG