Thank you Klaus/DF2GN

On behalf of this chaser, and I suspect others, thank you Klaus for DM/BW-169 and operating across all frequencies in what sounded like atrocious conditions.

You could have been in a nice warm shack but you persevered to give us our 8 points.

Thanks also to the other activators, whom I did not hear, for their efforts. I still await my 100th summit, but patience is a virtue.

That is the spirit of SOTA.

Best 73,s

David/G4CMQ

In reply to G4CMQ:

Very well said David, I agree 100% with your comments.

73 Mike

Hi all,
David, Mike thanks for your words…
Normal it was planned a bigger tour trough the black-forest, but under this wx-conditions i canceld it. Due to the low hf-activity this day , i started this short trip to a local summit.wx was bad, and so only one summit ;-)also the conditions on the bands aren´t the best today, with a lot of qrm on my side.but the choose of more bands double the chance to get a qso with chasers.sri for the short stay on the bands, but i wrote “bad wx”. cold fingers are not the problem, when the feets begin to hurt, it´s better to make a fast qrt.

due to the last discusions abt. the qso-style by sota activators i make pictures.by this pictures make your own choice to make fast qso´s or ragchewing :wink:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36645961@N00/1947789922/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36645961@N00/1947789894/

more pictures in flickr…thanks John GW4BVE for creating this nice group.
but i missing more pictures from chasers rig´s. i´m interested in seeing the chasers in their shacks

vy 73 Klaus

In reply to DF2GN:

Many thanks for the contact on 10MHz Klaus - much appreciated under the severe conditions at your end. Your CW was far better than mine and I was in a warm shack! Sorry that I messed up my own call on the call in… you think I’d be perfect by now - I have only had the call for 25 years!

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to DF2GN:

Good decision on the fast QSO format Klaus and thank you for the activation in such poor wx cndx, you deserve a medal.

Thank you for the pictures, maybe now ops will understand the need for the quick QSO format when requested by the activator.

vy 73 de Mike GW0DSP

In reply to DF2GN:

Hi Klaus,

due to the last discusions abt. the qso-style by sota activators i
make pictures.by this pictures make your own choice to make fast qso´s
or ragchewing :wink:

From my nordic point of view I was wondering that you had so little snow in the photos :slight_smile: Nice photos anyway from the black forest.

For me the reason not to activate today was strong wind and rain/snow on Jura and Alpes. Also the sudden change in weather conditions is one possible danger. Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow, so Sunday is not possible either.

73, Jaakko OH7BF/F5VGL

In reply to DF2GN:

Many thanks for th CW QSO under most difficult conditions Klaus. It was really appreciated.

No wonder your fingers were cold with the Palm Paddle in the snow.

Roy G4SSH or G4SSS, or G4SHH, - but I knew who you were calling !

In reply to G4SSH:

Hi Roy,
yes, to the end of the activation after 50 minutes by i became a real problem with morse,hi. i heard the mistake with the hsh,hhs,sss or something else myself, but can´t make anything against that. fingers do there own cw´ing,hi. so its easier for me to say only…hi roy ur … :wink:
i was qrv abt.60m and do 62qso´s , so not the fastes qso-mode, but often i say hello or 73´s …

and hi Jaakko,
yes, for ur nordic view its not much snow. but this was the first snow this winter and the summit was only 807m.asl. . i think we will never have so much snow as in the jura or alps. but the real problem at the activation was not the snow, more the strong cold wind. and if you make longer multiband/multimode activations, this wind do his job to make you bbbrrrrrrr :wink: and after the bbbrrrrr comes the ouchhhhh !

all,
have fun with sota and nice to work you today…

vy 73 Klaus DF2GN

In reply to DF2GN:
hello Klaus
beautiful photos, with snow!! thanks for all your activations, sorry for the long transmission today in cw!!! y think that it was very cold in the mountain!!
hope to meet you again
best regards
f5nep Lionel

I did not work you today but I think untill now you gave me the most chaser points.

Vielen dank

Peter

Hi friends,

think i need again a short SOTA-break.
since the last activations in cold/rain i have massive problems with my back / neck… think due to wrong clothing or something else…

hope i´m qrv again till next weekend :wink:

vy 73 Klaus DF2GN

In reply to DF2GN:

Hi Klaus, I am sorry to hear of your back/neck problems and I hope you are soon feeling fit again.
Take care of yourself and I look forward to your return to sota.

vy 73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to DF2GN:

Hi Klaus,

I have been thinking how to combine the SOTA activations to other endurance sports. Probably multi sport recovery training is the way to go. That means easy jogging, swimming or cycling the day following the hill walk. Of course muscle stretching is also important after the hill walk and other excercises. Some basic muscle training might be good. This can be done on floor without going to a gym, no need to lift any weights. Running on the hills with heavy rucksac is probably not a good idea, since there is quite big risk of injuries. For this kind of activity we would need much lighter equipment than we have now. But that is likely to happen in near future, so my guess is that we will be doing mountain running in a few years from now.

73, Jaakko OH7BF/F5VGL

In reply to DF2GN:

Very sorry to hear about your injuries Klaus. Take it easy for a while. I shall just have to get the remaining 416 points for SS from someone else in the meantime :slight_smile:

Best 73’s
David/G4CMQ