Testing VHF FM long distance 27-July

I am surprised nobody has ever submitted an April 1st joke article to a ham magazine entitled

“Predicting Sporadic E: working VHF DX on-demand”

p.s. I claim copyright on that idea before all you wags submit something to your local magazines!

1 Like

Once I had EA under fairly normal conditions with 3 watts ssb (ic 202) and 11 elts. Yagi. I was on a hill near my town. JN37TO - The EA station was in the Pyrenees.
But in FM it is hard!
If we try in SSB …
I could imagine activating FL/VO-005, if I have the time.

73 Armin

I´m ready for S2S VHF- FM day!
Stay tunned…

1 Like

Hello,

after a lot of talks within the different EA activators here in Spain, we are pleased to announce the VHF FM long distance event planned for the next
Saturday 27th of July.

So far a lot of activators agreed to be on a summit from F, EA1, EA2, EA3, EA4, EA5, EA6 and EA7 regions.

See the activators listing and summits planned so far:

We have big expectations to achieve long range S2S.

We will be pleased to work as many chasers as possible to cover a wide range of distances.

Most activators will carry handheld and mobile rigs, batteries and homebrew yagis (typical 1 m long pvc boom).

Tropo would be very welcome during the event, but not sure that will be the case.
If anyone else is interested to participate just drop me an e-mail or private message (my e-mail okay at QRZ.com)

73 de Ignacio and all the staff

I’m a regular user of Scadacore. It is helpful. Now, I’m not big on math or geometry, but I have a concern, or may be a lack of understanding of the concepts, but I found a location halfway around the world from me and the representation is a hairpin. A continental USA – Seattle to Dizzy City gives a fair representation of curvature. Of course, the more you get to longitudinal the less curvature is apparent. Seattle to San Francisco is null.