Temporary operating restrictions

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Black Hill is difficult enough to qualify on 2m.

Yes, I think Vicki had more trouble than I did.

However Black Hill gained the accolade of SOTAs 24th most popular
summit, certainly beats me!

Good road, easy parking and a paved path all help. And there’s LOTS of room for HF aerials :slight_smile:
Not one of my favourites, but certainly not one for the “never again” list. Though, having said that, it probably won’t get done again; I like a bit of adventure on my hills if I am driving any great distance to get there.

Rod

In reply to M0JLA/2E0YYY:

Black Hill is close to the heartland of SOTA and thus benefits from the “Macclesfield effect”.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to M0JLA:

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Black Hill is difficult enough to qualify on 2m.

Yes, I think Vicki had more trouble than I did.

My last activation produced mixed results, 65 contacts on 2m FM and 7 on 2m SSB all on the collinear, although, these took almost 5 hours! The biggest surprise, only one single contact into GW and he was /P on high ground.

The only bright spot was 3 very pretty girls, probably in their mid twenties (one of them an absolute stunner) sat with me at the Trig Point to watch what was going on and ask questions. Certainly brightened up, what was up until then, a pretty average day :wink:

Good road, easy parking and a paved path all help. And there’s LOTS
of room for HF aerials :slight_smile:
Not one of my favourites, but certainly not one for the “never
again” list. Though, having said that, it probably won’t get
done again; I like a bit of adventure on my hills if I am driving any
great distance to get there.

Well, I’m certainly in no hurry to do it again, Rod.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to G3VQO:

G/SE-002 Leith Hill and G/SE-005 Botley Hill are
the only two SOTA summits actually within the affected zones,

Sorry Les, check the coordinates again G/CE-005 Wendover Woods just comes in the top left hand corner of the restricted zone.

Peter
G1FOA

In reply to G1FOA:

You are absolutely correct Peter. Thanks for pointing it out. For the benefit of future visitors to this topic, I will edit my first post to include it.

73 de Les, G3VQO