Telford Hamfest 04/09/2011 10:30 BST

Hello All

I wonder if any fellow SOTA activators/chasers will be coming along to the show this Sunday?

If so, I look forward to seeing you there! Who knows we could all take a mass trip up the Wrekin!

73 all

Matt G8XYJ

In reply to G8XYJ:

Matt,

I am expecting to be at the hamfest and was thinking of the Wrekin afterwards if it turns out to be a nice day.

It would be good to meet up after so many contacts on air, especially working /P.

See you there,
73, Rod

In reply to M0JLA:

Will there be a hog roast at this ham fest? What if you don’t eat porcine products? :wink:

In America they have sidewalks, candy, spools of thread and hamfests. In the UK we have pavements, sweets, reels of cotton and radio rallies.

I know you Rod and Matt are merely reporting the event but it’s a radio rally not a hamfest and we should all call it that no matter how ill informed the organisers are in naming it a hamfest.

Next thing we’ll hear is that the dealers will be accepting “pre-orders” for the 4m multimode radio being designed.

Rant over and I feel better already. :slight_smile:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Perhaps you had better come, Andy, and berate the organizers in person.
Rod

In reply to MM0FMF:
Andy - Rant dealt with

http://www.telfordhamfest.co.uk/hamfest/

Says it all Andy!

Also whilst I remember as well

http://www.nationalhamfest.org.uk/

Seems like most of the U.K. could not care two hoots about it!

Rod - Dad and I will be going - He will no doubt be wearing his G4OYX badge, I need to get one made! We have to take the 3month old puppy to this so look out for a Whippet dog, and before any one else says anything - I have not got my flat cap on and a shed load of pigeons at home! HI

Matt G8XYJ

In reply to M0JLA:

I’d love to come Rod but it’s a tadge far to travel. Telford used to be one of my favourite rallies when I lived in NW England. But the last time I attended it was still held in the sport hall which is some time ago.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

It seems to me to be valid to call it a hamfest if it encompasses more activities than the usual rallies, talks and a link to Enginuity seems to fit the bill even though its a rather small event. Mind you, they claim to have a flea market outside for the first time, but I’m pretty sure I browsed around one last year until rain stopped play!

Don’t know if I’m going, yet, it coincides with the garden show at Kings Heath Park which I also like to go to! If I do go I will do 5 megs on the Wrekin!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Mind you, they
claim to have a flea market outside for the first time …

Is that where the Pikey Market Traders will hang out?

:wink:

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to G3NYY:

In reply to G8ADD:

Mind you, they

That’s me, Walt :wink:

73 Mickey
M6MMM

In reply to 2E0YYY:

In reply to G3NYY:

Mind you, they

Tee hee! An hour and three-quarters to take the bait! You’re getting slow, Mickey.
:slight_smile:

Dave/'UVE says he will be there and will pay you a visit, but you are not to tell anyone.

Wlat

In reply to G3NYY:

Tee hee! An hour and three-quarters to take the bait! You’re getting
slow, Mickey.
:slight_smile:

LOL, I was logging my Great Orme Activation. Saw your spots but you were on CW and I was on 15m so no S2S today…

Dave/'UVE says he will be there and will pay you a visit, but you are
not to tell anyone.

Look forward to having a chat with him. Saw him at Horncastle about six weeks ago, but did’nt have a chance to talk. Are you planning a sojurn to Telford, Walt?

73 Mickey
M6MMM

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Are you planning a sojurn to Telford, Walt?

Unfortunately it clashes with the last 2m Backpackers Contest of the year, Mickey. If the wx is anything like decent, I’ll probably opt to do the contest. If not, Telford is my second choice of destination tomorrow.

Walt (G3NYY)