Swiss Mountain Goat #43 for Markus, HB9EIZ

Dear all

It’s somehow funny to see callsigns that are very similar to your own call. I noticed some time ago that HB9EIZ is also a SOTA activator and that spots showing HB9EIZ are not a typo for HB9DIZ. I had a first S2S QSO with him a short time after, and we both had a laughter that we have the same first name: Markus.

Something else is funny, too: to see an unknown person in a remote place carrying amateur gear, especially a mast. This has happened to me this summer in the forest on the Gehrenberg summit, just nearby Friedrichshafen, and I was carrying a similar mast. A smile on both faces, and we introduced us to each other: “HB9DIZ” — “HB9EIZ!”. Some further laughters and a short conversation followed.

22 QSOs on Zeller Blauen – a summit in the southwestern part of the Black Forest – have finally brought a first Mountain Goat to Markus, HB9EIZ. Congratulations on your success, Markus, and enjoy your way to a probably larger herd. At least, I had seen you activating a further summit, so keep going!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

7 Likes

Congratulations Markus on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

Congrats, Markus HB9EIZ, for achieving MG!
I have also felt confused and in doubt about who I was talking to when I had QSOs with either of you Markus HB9DIZ and HB9EIZ.
Thanks for the QSOs anyway.

Guru

Congratulations Markus for achieving MG!

Thank you for the longer than usual S2S we had on that day on 10m from a nearby summit, but I was not aware of you’re getting MG.

Way to go Markus!

73 Stephan

Congratulations Markus on achieving the Mountain Goat :+1:

73 Marcel DM3FAM

Congrats Markus, and thanks for the S2S we had.

73 Jens HB9EKO