In reply to KI6J:
As a very rare activator of what are really some relatively easy G/SP summits, I would be happy to participate in a trans-Atlantic activity day.
However, with some associations that have some of the highest summits already moving into Winter conditions, I would suggest a date nearer to the present, rather than leaving things until it could be too late for this year.
Good radio conditions for this sort of event already seem to be here, so I think weather conditions on the higher summits are the deciding factor. With that in mind, may I suggest a weekend between the middle & end of September?
The 18th-19th September or 25th-26th September would seem to me like something to aim for. Anything later than that & I think some of the higher summits may well be dangerous, or even innaccesable.
My own choice would be over the weekend of the 18th-19th September, & throwing my hat into the ring with those dates,does anybody have any better suggestions?
We are already into the first weekend of September, this would give anyone hoping to be active at least a full week to plan & prepare, which for a high summit in near winter conditions is no bad thing.
Sooner rather than later would therefore be my suggestion.