Summit to Summit "s2s" Protocol

This Saturday, October 2, 2021, there will be more than 55 North American summits being activated with the W7A s2s Madness Event in Arizona and the Appalachian Trail On-the-air Event along the East Coast, plus other SOTA activators in the US and Canada. I appeal to all SOTA chasers at home to please respect the “s2s” protocol, and standby while summits are calling other summits.

My QRP rig is no match against your home station. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Thanks and 73! Mike, WB2FUV

6 Likes

Additionally, activators should maybe from time to time invite S2S stations to respond. In the meantime, polite shack sloths can take a quick nap. In the last EU/NA S2S event, I remember hearing some US SOTA stations, but my answers were probably drowned by the fat home stations (more power, better antenna(s)).

73 de Martin / HB9GVW

6 Likes

Agreed. But let’s also remind activators about their protocol: to check for s2s stations every few QSOs especially when managing a pile-up. More than once I’ve stood on a summit getting very frustrated and cold trying repeatedly to answer an activator’s “QRZ?” only to have QRO home-based chasers drown out my QRP signal.

3 Likes

I look forward to chasing all of you! To bad I can’t get up on summit till sunday.

73 de VE6JTW

2 Likes

:grin:

1 Like