Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Summit Sloth?

A good idea Mike is to write in your summit reference at the time of the S2S in the notes field of your chaser logs, rather than just “S2S”. I also write the summit reference of the station worked in the notes columns of my activator logs.

This then makes it very easy after downloading CSV files to quickly create a log of all S2S QSOs ready to submit to G4BLH for the Summitsbase awards (or for your own reference).

Tom M1EYP

In reply to G1INK:

Steve you are correct BUT for the full bonus lets not forget there is a very rare call sign too that can be worked, M6XVE !!!

For any chasers of this award the award is as follows.
Basic Award

G6LKB
M0LKB
M6LKB

Advanced Award

As above but also M3ULV

Elite award

As above and also M6XVE all worked on a single day.

The full set of 5 is a very rare award indeed and so far I am only aware of 1 person the qualify even though they have yet to claim it.

Andrew
M0LKB

In reply to 2E0YYY:

at Livingstone in June

Is there a rally in Zimbabwe the same day as the one in Scotland? I’m surprised you’ll travel all the way to near Victoria Falls!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to M0LKB/G6LKB:

LKB Award received today!
Many thanks, I think it is the equal of Barry`s engraved trophys.
I will treasure it always.

In reply to G1INK:
Even I did not think it was that good Steve :slight_smile:

David G6LKB

In reply to G6LKB:

You are being too modest, Its a personally designed award in recognition of a great achievement.

I can envisage in years to come it will have a collectors value.

Andrew
M0

In reply to 2E0YYY:
DOUBLE ‘SLOTHDOM’

Well Mike it looks that I might have done it. As mentioned in a previous posting I keep a separate tally along with many other bits of information on my Activator/Chaser .xls files. Completing my logs toady it has just informed me that as of my S2S with Robin GM7PKT on Saturday GM/WS-007 I’ve achieved ‘double’ Slothdom S2S with 2001 points.

I think I’ll just have a wee celebratory – what do you suggest? - is in order??

Jack (;>)
GM4COX

In reply to GM4COX:
2001 points? Your award will be a black obelisk!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to GM4COX:

DOUBLE ‘SLOTHDOM’

Well Mike it looks that I might have done it. As mentioned in a
previous posting I keep a separate tally along with many other bits of
information on my Activator/Chaser .xls files. Completing my logs
toady it has just informed me that as of my S2S with Robin GM7PKT on
Saturday GM/WS-007 I�ve achieved �double� Slothdom S2S with 2001
points.

Hi Jack,

Congratulations on double Summit Sloth! that is quite some achievement!

I think I�ll just have a wee celebratory � what do you suggest? - is
in order??

May I suggest the following…

However, please don’t send me the bill :wink:

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Mike,
Isn’t that about the price of an ft-857?
I know which I would prefer:-))

Thanks for recent s2s contacts on Bradnor and Hergest.
Rod

In reply to GM4COX:

An amazing achievement, Jack.

Hope to work you sometime.

73, Rod

In reply to M0JLA:

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Mike,
Isn’t that about the price of an ft-857?
I know which I would prefer:-))

FT-857 would get you some change out of £750…

Thanks for recent s2s contacts on Bradnor and Hergest.

My pleasure Rod and thank you too.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

I am reviving this thread because the term Summit Sloth appears to have originally arisen here and I think its loss would be a loss to SOTA. Contributors to a newer thread seem intent on replacing it.

There is nothing misleading about the term; the actual process of sitting on the summit collecting chaser points is a slothful one. The location of the activity is a Summit. I take a small amount of satisfaction from a score of over 1000 s2s contacts and the resulting 3000+ points - and these are only the s2s awarded since the inauguration of the s2s table; a good few more pre-date that event.

73 from a proud Summit Sloth.

M0JLA/P

Of course, there are other awards which can be claimed “All Summit to Summit.”

I never did get around to claiming my Amethyst Mountain Hunter Award, which every contact was made summit to summit.

I’ve not updated my s2s logs (with the exception of a few rare contacts) since October 2015. I’m dreading starting on that. Perhaps something to do when I finally retire.

2E0YYY

Do it Mike.
I have issued Amethyst S2S certificates (10k points) so wonder if you would make the next level (25k points) The stickers are waiting :grin: