Summit list download is broken?

The csv-download of all summit lists looks to be broken, returning only first 10 or so summits - not the complete list.

73 & gl

Axel, DL6KVA

In reply to DL6KVA:

I don’t think so. 47k summits in the version I just downloaded.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Andy, where did You get it from?

I usually go to “Database” => Summits => List of all Summits => than I use the link in the lower part to download a csv-list of all summits. Download now gives a 1.2k file with a few summits (9H and a few CT) for me …

Any other place I can find that?

Thanks!

Axel, DL6KVA

In reply to DL6KVA:

That’s how I download it. I just tried again, 5.9MiB downloaded using Firefox 3.6.25 on WinXP. Also I ftp’d to the server and checked, again file downloaded and it was the latest version, created this morning 0429Z Dec 26.

Andy
MM0FMF

I have the same result with Opera 11.60.178.
The entire list of SOTA 9H-ZS!

summitslist.csv 6.204.932 k 16:56

Axel, because now I do not know if you need it most urgent, I have even uploaded for you.
Axel, da ich jetzt nicht wusste ob DU sie dringenst benötigst, habe ich sie mal für Dich hochgeladen.

www.megaupload.com/?d=6MLMBHCA

44 Peter

In reply to MM0FMF:
Hi Axel

Although I’m using Chrome, I get exactly the same file downloaded as Andy.

73 ES HNY Marc G0AZS

Thanks to everybody!

Looks like some download problem with the current Firefox installed here (or some settings) … download says it’s 5.9 MB but all I get is a 1.2 kB file.

So have to check what’s wrong here :frowning:

73 & gl,

Axel, DL6KVA

proved: download works ok with firefox 8.0.1, but not with new version 9.0.1.

73 & gl

Axel, DL6KVA

In reply to DL6KVA:

I’ve just installed Firefox 9.0.1 here on one of the Linux laptops (Debian 32bit x86 Squeeze 6.0.3). I did this for 2 reasons. One was to check out this issue and if necessary raise a bug with Mozilla. The other was the announcement that security support for Firefox 3.x finishes in a few months.

Firstly, clicking the link on the database downloads the full file. At first I thought it was failing as you had found. But it was just downloading very fast as I was getting about 1.6Mbytes/sec from the server! I tried several times and everytime the full file was downloaded. I’m not sure what the issue was but I can’t repeat it here. Perhaps it’s a Windows Firefox issue or maybe 64bit?

Slightly OT, I’ve stayed on Firefox 3.x as the later versions insisted on playing with the UI and looking like a 5yr old had been let loose with some fluorescent crayons but 9.0.1 on this machine looks almost the same as 3.x. I’ll try a Windows version later.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to DL6KVA:

Hi Axel.

I just updated Firefox to 9.0.1 and followed your instructions. Saved the file (5.9MB) and it opened OK with all summits I guess - well there were 47,746 rows!

Using W7 64-bit.

Reg
G3WPF

In reply to G3WPF:

pretty strange of course. Here I’m using Windows 7 64 bit.
Had the same problem with all versions I tried up from Firefox 9, 10 etc. The download was quick, the file was small and when I opend it it contained only 12 rows or so.

But the download works ok with a standard version of Firefox 8. So I reinstalled this one.

Didn’t invest more as I was happy to get a stable version again using the Firefox 8 installation I found.

Axel, DL6KVA