Suggestion: mode analysis in chaser logs

Curious to see how many chaser contacts I’d made by mode, I looked at the chaser log report with analysis option On. However, unlike activator logs, the chaser report does not offer analysis by modes SSB/CW/FM but does offer analysis by band.

I wonder if others would like to have that option, if so we could request it be put on the list of potential enhancements to the chaser report. Obviously it is not urgent, but just a “nice to have” feature.

This has been triggered by interest in mode-based achievements, eg. “CW sloth”, “SSB sloth” or “FM Sloth”, SSB super sloth, etc. :slight_smile:

My interest would be in a CW sloth award. I try to chase activators on both modes, to help them qualify for CW goat and to add to my CW tally.

Andrew VK1DA

3 Likes

The suggestion has my support.

Peter VK3PF

Hi Andrew,

On SOTLAS
when you expand the statistics you have this for all your activation’s

nice results :+1:
73, Éric

1 Like

Thanks Eric,

Yes those stats are very helpful. But no stats for chaser contacts (that I can find)?

73 Andrew VK1DA/VK2UH

Yes for chasers is here :

You can get them from the chaser roll of honour. Select your association, then select the year, band, mode etc. and hit show.

Hi Andy and Eric,

Thanks - Yes - for some reason I thought this report would not select the CW contacts accurately - mixing it up with the activator logs where the 4 contacts requirement confuses the logic.

So the chaser roll of honour reveals the raw count per mode. That’s all I was looking for.

Thanks

Andrew

2 Likes

And selecting a band and mode CW, the report lists almost every vk1, whether they use CW or not. Click on my log and it shows every contact on every band and mode.

Something not quite right.

Be very careful about refreshing/moving forwards and backwards to those pages. The filter values don’t reset when you move away and back to the chaser honour roll, they will say what you selected but will ahve reverted to all mode, all years etc.

I have been playing with it to confirm. I know I have 2x 28MHz S2S this year. I don’t do chasing apart from the guys who went Svalbard, so every chase I see for me is the chase component of an S2S QSO.

I selected my S2S log and see 2x 28MHz SSB QSO. I went to chaser honour roll, GM, 2021, 28MHz, All modes and there are 2 QSOs shown. I selected CW and I didn’t appear. I tried it with 5MHz and 433MHz and the counts were correct. That doesn’t mean there may not be a problem but the quick test I tried worked for me. I’ll have a look later when I can get on the admin console.

1 Like

Hi Andy,

Yes - I backed out of the chaser roll and came back into it, then selected CW again, the display then made sense and stayed right when I selected individual bands. But if I click on view log, the criteria seemed to go back to all band and all mode even though the band and mode selection were still displayed as previously chosen.

Anyway, my original request can be closed as I realise the chaser honour roll handles the report I wanted.

Thanks
Andrew

1 Like

The good point is you can find your answers. There is always room for improvement but this is an issue but it’s not major but is irritating. Barry has a different tool that displays the data different he uses for confirming awards claims so it doesn’t arise in his case. We’ve been taking the view for a while that providing a solid set of functionality is paramount and we’ve let others build on that such as the activator analysis that SOTL.as shows. I’m trying to think what else I have used that did some nice analyses of the data but can’t remember.

In my case I have been working through cleaning up bad logs when the software was less strict in checking CSV etc. I wrote that I found 1536 bad band entries had been cleansed and then I locked up the DB_API! I’ve deleted 500 multiple accounts and only 650 remaining. It’s a case of doing 20-30 a week. Some date back 15 years, they’re not all new. I’m still not sure I understand the thought process behind “I cannot login so I will create another account then ask where all my previous logs have vanished too.” I wonder if these people open another bank account when they cannot login to their online banking and then ask the bank why the new account isn’t full of money! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As long as the old one is full of money, that’a minor problem :wink:

Cheers,

Guru

1 Like