Suggest a Summit

Hi All

I’ll be travelling on business “up North” (relative to Aylesbury) next Monday and Tuesday and I’m thinking of taking my Sotapole and Sotabeam and the VX5 to do my second ever activation.

My local summit, Wendover Woods was tough to qualify when I did it on 2m FM but I assume I might have more luck in the "SOTA Heartland’.

My plans are to finish a meeting in Stockport on Monday afternoon and then travel to Leeds that evening for meetings the next day.

With that in mind, which summit would you suggest I could do for an evening activation on the way? Bearing in mind I wouldn’t have a load of time and proximity to parking would be advantageous (and near the general route from Stockport to Leeds).

Look forward to your suggestions/working you.

73 Marc G0AZS

Rombalds Moor G/NP-028.

http://www.qsl.net/m1eyp/rombalds.htm

Thanks Tom…

Thinking about it… I guess I need to think more about summits closer to the Stockport end in case my meeting runs over… can you tell my knowledge of the local geography is patchy? :slight_smile:

I would still go for Rombalds Moor. There’s a high parking spot, from where it is an easy 15 minute almost level walk to the summit. Kinder will certainly demand at least 2 to 3 hours of your evening. Shining Tor is fairly easy, but it’s not really on the way to Leeds.

Even if your meeting finishes late, you would be at the parking spot for NP-028 within an hour, walk-in-activate-walk-out within another hour and then be only 20 minutes or so drive into Leeds. I’ve done this summit several times around the 7.30pm time on the way to work in Leeds or Bradford.

It turns out I will be accompanied by some Japanese colleagues who may not be prepared for a yomp up a hill of an evening when they are looking forward to a curry in Leeds (as I will be too).

So looks like a no go this time… shame :frowning:

Thanks for the suggestions… so how about curry houses in the area instead :slight_smile:

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to G0AZS:

Curry in Yorkshire? If it is still going, then the Karachi in Bradford was the champion by a mile. I spent a huge part of my student grant in there!

Andy
MM0FMF