STOP big power please

Please, stop to use big power, when they are two sota station near it’s the chaos!!! impossible to hears little signal!! and to make the contact … with 50w and g5rv half size… it’s the impossible mission!!
With the bad propagation it is so much difficult!! think about the other that not have à big materiel!!
thanks
73’s

In reply to F5NEP:

Hi Lionel.

I wonder if you know that you have a serious problem with your Tx?

Since yesterday your CW note has been breaking up and chirping across 10 KHz. I could not locate your transmitting freq. Maybe this is the reason why you are not making the QSO?

Hope you can locate the fault

Roy G4SSH

To be honest I have had little problems getting my CW signal through the pile-up despite the 10W I use.

Patience and being on the right place at the right time is the key here I think.

I also admire those in the pile-up: Once an station has been called by the activator the others keep silent until the QSO is over which can only be applauded.

Not the usual EUROPEAN ZOO we are used to on other occasions when chasing a DX station.

Peter

In reply to G4SSH:

That is correct Roy.

I also heard a badly distorted/chirpy cw TX all day yesterday, but I couldn’t even tell what the callsign was, so, now I know it was Lionel.

I hope you can find the fault and cure it Lionel.

vy 73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:
thanks for all! your are not “in question”, but some stations make volontary qrm on sota expeditions, y earth some incoherent call!
y think that my rig not support distortions hi hi
strange from my signal, this morning many difficult and this afternoon y make contact with DF2GN very easy!! but not many other takers!!
y think that y am going to autopsy the rig hi hi

In reply to F5NEP:

Lionel - your SSB sig was ok today from G/NP-006. Your 50w + half size G5RV is almost always 5/9 with me.
73 Steve G1INK.

ps canceled 2nd summit today due to thunderstorms

In reply to F5NEP:

Hi Lionel,
i had big problems today with your signal on 40m on bw-63. the signal was loud,
abt. s9 + , but first i think´d you are not transceive.often you are down 300hz from my tx-signal. but today i can´t locate your tx-qrg, it´s sounded like aurora with nothing of a dc-signal. please check your tx-stage…
your ssb-signal today was very good with nice audio…

vy 73 Klaus DF2GN

In reply to F5NEP:

Bonjour Lionel,

Please, stop to use big power, when they are two sota station near
it’s the chaos!!! impossible to hears little signal!! and to make the
contact … with 50w and g5rv half size… it’s the impossible

As activator normally I can copy cw signals with power 0.1 - 10 W quite well assuming some reasonable antenna is used on the other end. Quite a few of the chasers are actually QRP operators. Yesterday the signals were ok, but two weeks ago there were quite a few QROs. I had to listen the call sign twice to understand it since the signal was overdriving the audio. Maybe I should mark those chasers with /QRO suffix :wink:

73, et bonne continuation
Jaakko OH7BF/F5VGL