Stick or Twist?

It is a nice easy walk for most of us Mike, who have done a significant number of uniques. And therefore, overall, Moel Famau would be rated down near the easy end of the scale.

However, with your uniques record and SOTA footprint, I accept that Moel Famau must rate, relatively, up near the “very hard walk” end of the spectrum.

:wink:

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

However, with your uniques record and SOTA footprint, I accept that
Moel Famau must rate, relatively, up near the “very hard walk” end of
the spectrum.

Yeah, but I prefer to spend my time operating rather than walking ;-)))

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:

It strikes me Mike that you must be snowed in to have started this thread. It’s the sort of subject that is raised every November as activators wait for the start of the winter bonus! :wink:

As for Famau + Fenlli… separate? Perish the thought of having to pay the parking fee twice!

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to G4OIG:
Stick or Twist… I thought at the very least we would be talking about GW/NW-031 Esgeiriau Gwynion or some other place my Mrs fell face down in the bog. Hee Hee

Mike G0HIO

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Yeah, but I prefer to spend my time operating rather than walking

So why is your QSO rate so poor?

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to G4OIG:

In reply to 2E0YYY:

It strikes me Mike that you must be snowed in to have started this
thread. It’s the sort of subject that is raised every November as
activators wait for the start of the winter bonus! :wink:

LOL :wink:

As for Famau + Fenlli… separate? Perish the thought of having to
pay the parking fee twice!

Paying the one Pound parking fee, twice I can live with, Gerald. The twenty odd quids worth of petrol, twice, I can’t :frowning:

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to MM0FMF:

Yeah, but I prefer to spend my time operating rather than walking

So why is your QSO rate so poor?

I guess I’m just an old rag chewer at heart, Andy.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to G0HIO:

In reply to G4OIG:
Stick or Twist… I thought at the very least we would be talking
about GW/NW-031 Esgeiriau Gwynion or some other place my Mrs fell face
down in the bog. Hee Hee

I’ve never managed a S2S with GW/NW-031 Esgeiriau Gwynion and I would suggest it may have something to do with the not very flattering report I left on this summits infortmation page, Mike. The only way you would get me back up there would be at gun point.

No doubt, Mrs G0HIO, feels the same way :wink:

73 Mike
2E0YYY

Depends how you define it Andy.

Mickey’s last activation - The Cloud, 119 QSOs in 216 minutes = 109 seconds per QSO.

Mine on Moel Gyw today - 50 QSOs in 49 minutes (including soup break) = 59 seconds per QSO - almost twice as fast!

However, if we now look at the complete years 2011 and 2012 of activating, we can also see the following:

Mickey: 13429 activator QSOs
Tom: 8132 activator QSOs

So in terms of QSOs per year, Mike actually has 65% better QSO rate than me. Go figure.

Tom M1EYP

Mickey’s last activation - The Cloud, 119 QSOs in 216 minutes = 109
seconds per QSO.

Mine on Moel Gyw today - 53 QSOs in 49 minutes (including soup break)
= 55 seconds per QSO - almost twice as fast!

8-(

In reply to M1EYP:

Depends how you define it Andy.

Mickey’s last activation - The Cloud, 119 QSOs in 216 minutes = 109
seconds per QSO.

Mine on Moel Gyw today - 53 QSOs in 49 minutes (including soup break)
= 55 seconds per QSO - almost twice as fast!

Blimey Tom!

A closer inspection of my log would reveal some big breaks in my Txing due to problems with the kite. In the end, I was forced to chuck the towel in. The wind dropped too much and I was forced to give up and start all over again :frowning:

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to G6TUH:

CW Mike, no need to waffle!

? DE MW1EYP

G4?

G4OBK 599 599 TU 73

? DE MW1EYP
s what takes me the longest time.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Indeed.

While a closer inspection of my log reveals a 9 minute break in operating while I enjoyed some hot soup. So it was really 50 QSOs in 40 minutes.

But I hope both G6TUH and 2E0YYY acknowledge the second half of my earlier post that they did not quote in reply - the bit about if you looked at it from another perspective, there is a clear conclusion that Mickey has the faster QSO rate.

You can prove any true hypothesis from the SOTA Database, provided the data it contains is true. So both hypotheses that (i) I had a faster QSO rate on our most recent activations, and (ii) Mickey had a faster QSO rate over the 24 month period 2011-12, are both proven to be true from the true data in the database. I just enjoy mucking about with stats!

Now what if there was anything in the database that was false? Then the fun would really begin. If you start with some false data, you can deduce that the moon is made of cheese!

The beautiful thing about numbers and raw data is that they, in isolation, take no account of soup addiction or flightless kites.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
It appears its not just Mick who is snow-bound this evening? :wink:

In reply to G1STQ:

Obviously nothing decent on TV either. It’s about time they took up genealogy - that would soak up a few hours… and more! :slight_smile:

In reply to G4OIG:

…or they could always try a bit of ham radio!

Brian G8ADD