Spring on Kinder

Spring has definitely sprung! On my activation of Kinder this morning I spotted a couple of Curlews, several Lapwings / Peewits, a couple of Oystercatchers, a Buzzard, several Kestrels, lots of Skylarks & no less than a dozen common Lizards. The Lizards were slow enough to catch so I grabbed one for closer inspection, once in the hand it never tried to escape - must`ve liked the body heat. Oh & I logged 44 contacts on 40/20m.

In reply to G1INK:

I loved the afterthought, Steve!

Incidentally, I saw my first swallow of the year yesterday. Flying low to avoid the ash!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G1INK:

Can’t wait to see the video on YouTube… Inky does Bill Bailey’s Bird Watching Bonanza.

We saw a Lizard a few weeks ago and that never tried to escape either but it was the place in Cornwall not a critter.

Heard zilch on 40/20m from you, but you were 59 here when you called someone on 60m and said you had high swr.

Regards Steve GW7AAV

In reply to G1INK:

Sorry to have missed you Steve. At the time you were on I was working on the 40m horizontal loop in the garden to the accompaniment of baby bird song from the Blackbird nest about 10 feet from the back door of the house. I almost fell off my ladder when a pigeon flew over my head chased by a Peregrin, this causing an instantaneous cacophony of alarm calls from the small birds in the nearby trees and bushes.

Seems I need to get up onto a hillside for a bit of peace and relative quiet!

73, Gerald

In reply to GW7AAV:

“Heard zilch on 40/20m from you, but you were 59 here when you called someone on 60m and said you had high swr.”

I had my “summer” dipole (10m/20m/40m) yesterday so couldnt operate on 60m. I took a chance to work Rob G4RQJ and although the ft857 was showing infinite SWR, the qso was complete. Btw no video as my camera is still in Connahs Quay as I left it in Mike DSPs car after the GM trip.

In reply to G1INK:

In reply to GW7AAV:

my camera is still in Connahs Quay as I left it in Mike DSP`s car

Unless he has sold it on eBay ;0)