Spots older than 72 hours?

Is it possible to see spots older than 72 hours? I remember we could in Sotawatch2. in advance for your advice.
Scott kw4jm

72 hours was as far back as you could go in SW2 and is why we specified that limit in SW3 as well. You can also request via SW3 to via the last 200 spots, which can sometimes be further back than 72 hours.

I don’t think that is quite correct, Andrew. It was possible to place a time at the end of the URL which allowed a selected time back. No idea how far back was possible but I think I did once do a complete holiday.
Rod

EDIT
On reflection, I think the number appeared automatically and you could replace it with a larger one.

2 Likes

For me the question is: why do you want to go back more than 72hrs?

Once I came back home from a holiday which included an activation and I wanted to know if I had been spotted. The 72 hour limit defeated me. I think it would be a waste of capacity to have all spots recorded, but up to a week would be nice.

1 Like

My reason was the same as Brian’s; it sometimes explains why the contacts at one location are more (or less) prolific than at others.
Rod

1 Like

Fair enough. Well your choices are view the last 200 through SOTAwatch or API or use the SOTA cluster and log the spots to disk locally. The cluster route lets you store as few or many spots as you want.

The cluster console is telling me “Uptime: 29563 mins” which is 20.5 days. It was up for 3 months before that. Use either telnet/Putty or a logging program that talks to clusters (not HRD) to keep the spots logged and you can go back as far as you have disk space.