Spots manager

Hi all,
You will find a simply to use soft which works like Webmon on
http://www.sota-france.fr/telechargement.html
but it speaks french or english…
Thanks to Marjorie’s nice voice (Andy, F5AKL’s daughter)
Try it !
Vy 73
Alain F6ENO

In reply to F6ENO:
Excelent Stuff.

Worked first time

Many thanks.

Ian
G7ADF

I have downloaded and extracted the files, and I have the SOTA application running, with Sotawatch also running. I tried a putting a test “Spot” on Sotawatch, but nothing happened. What have I done wrong?

In reply to F6ENO:

Hi Alain, thanks for the link, I have downloaded the programme and it runs perfectly.
I have to admit that it is far better than webmon, in as much as you can select which mode/s you wish to alert.
Not only that, Marjories lovely voice beats the male voice I had allocated to webmon.
I think that Marjorie’s voice will become famous in many UK shacks, hi.

vy 73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to M1EYP:

Hi Tom, in some cases Windows may not have the .php association file installed, this may require applying a fix.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to M1EYP:
Hi Tom,
When YOU put a spot, you know it… hi !
if there is the word [edit] on the line, it doesn’t speak…
Alain

Thanks Alain. I wondered if that was the case. There was no way of testing it at ten to midnight. Well no way I could think of then - I should have sent one from Jimmy’s 'phone of course!

In reply to M1EYP:
Thanks from me as well Alain, it works well and is much better than Webmon. The only problem I have got is that the audio is a little broken up. I get some of the callsign but not all of it.
Anyone got any suggestions?
Q GW3BV

Merci beaucoup Alain. C’est un bon programme, et j’ai tombé amoureux de la voix de Marjorie …

73 de Les, G3VQO

Nice programme Alain, merci.

But I have a question: I now get a message every minute. However nice the voice sounds is it not possible to change it so that we only get a message when a new spot is entered in Sotawatch? Or am I doing something wrong?

Peter

I’m afraid I can’t make it do anything. I get a box which shows the URL/mode/language options, but then what? There’s no “Go” button, and I’m certainly not hearing anything when spots appear.

In reply to M1MAJ:

Select the language/mode options you require, then minimise the window, but do not “close” it. It should work.

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO:
I hear nothing. I’ll try another machine later.

In reply to G3VQO:
Nothing on my main machine either (initial test was on a laptop). I must be doing something wrong, but I don’t know what.

The instructions say something about connecting to the spots page before starting this program. A take that to mean “open the page in a browser”, though I’m not quite sure why it would care about that. I normally use Firefox, but I’ve tried opening the page in IE just in case there’s some dependency there. It makes no difference. Without knowing a bit about how the program is supposed to work it’s hard to diagnose when it just sits there silently.

In reply to M1MAJ:
Initially I understood that instruction to mean that the SOTAwatch page had to be open in IE too. That seemed odd, but I ran it that way yesterday. Today I had the SOTA program running, but no SOTAwatch, and suddenly Marjorie’s voice spoke to me. So, I’m at a loss to explain what else to try - sorry.

73 de Les

In reply to 2E0HJD:
Hi friends,
Sri, I was updating my comptuter, so had no internet connexion for 2 days.

1- It is not necessary to have a connexion on the spot page. The soft works alone.
2- If you can’t hear any sound, it may be your sound card ? the soft uses standart window media player.
3- When the soft starts, it reads the sota page. If there is a spot (by another than you), Marjorie speaks; then the call and time are stored in ram memory. After one minute, it reads the spot page again and if time or call are not changed, it stay silent.
Hope these few bad English words can help you .

Vy 73 to all
Alain F6ENO

In reply to F6ENO:

1- It is not necessary to have a connexion on the spot page. The soft
works alone.

Fine. But why do the instructions say “Connectez-vous sur les spots SOTA”?

2- If you can’t hear any sound, it may be your sound card ? the soft
uses standart window media player.

If I open the individual sound files in the Sounds_E and Sounds_F directories, they play perfectly in Windows Media player.

Still nothing from the actual program though.

In reply to M1MAJ:
Hi Mike,

You can try to launch one of the mp3 file located in Sounds_E or Sounds_F directory by clicking twice on it.
If it does not work, it may be your Media Player which does not acept MP3 files ?

Alain

In reply to F6ENO:

Hi Mike,

Martyn, actually

You can try to launch one of the mp3 file located in Sounds_E or
Sounds_F directory by clicking twice on it.

That is what I did.

If it does not work, it may be your Media Player which does not acept
MP3 files ?

That does work.

In reply to M1MAJ:
OK Martyn,

I don’t understand what happens…
1/ Be sure that you have:
-Spot.exe and Spot.cfg under a directory that you choose.
- Under these files, you must have Sounds_F and Sounds_E directories
wich contains all mp3 files.
2/ In the URL edit, the URL of SOTA spots i.e:
http://www.sotawatch.org/beta/spots.php
3/ If it doesn’t work, try to reinstall the soft.

Alain