SOTAbeams challenge 2008

I would like to tell you that the winner of the 2008 SOTAbeams challenge is Nathan Nuttall 2E0OCC 14 years old who completed 40 summits in 2008.

Nathan is very pleased to have been able to complete all those hills and would like to thank all the chasers who help and encouraged him along the way, because without them it would not of been possible.

Special thanks must go to Ian Taylor 2E0EDX for coming with us on so many summits and of course Nathan’s Mum M6MIJ for putting up with all the preparations and cleaning up after our outings.

Nathan and I are looking forward to doing more summits this year and speaking to as many people as possible.

Many thanks

Brian Nuttall 2E0OYG

In reply to M3OYG:
Excellent! Well done, Nathan!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to M3OYG:

Hi Brian & Nathan

Nathan, congratulations on winning the SOTA Challenge 2008 on the completion of 40 unique summit activations, a great achievement for a 14 year old. It was a total pleasure accompaning both yourself and your dad on the majority of summits completed.
With also in 2008 gaining your 100 point activator certificate, The Everest Award and 3rd place in the SOTA Personality of the Year Award… I think we can safely say that you have had an excellent year and your a credit not only to our small portable group here on the Fylde Coast, but also to the SOTA programme and amateur radio in general. I look forward to activating more summits with you in 2009 when you will be using your prize of the SB270 2m beam… Well done. I’m sure mum & dad will be well pleased!

73’s

Ian 2E0EDX

Congratulations on winning the SOTAbeams Challenge 2008. I won the SOTAbeams Challenge back in 2006 when I was 14 years old.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

This is excellent news indeed. Congratulations Nathan, what a year you have had, well done and keep up the good work.

Let’s also take this opportunity to thank Richard G3CWI and Sotabeams for his generosity in sponsoring this wonderful Challenge for the past 6 years. The Sotabeams Challenge helps to encourage youngsters into our hobby. Full details of the challenge and the past winners can be found on this link.

http://www.sotabeams.co.uk/Challenge.htm

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:
What’s has happended to all the past winners and runner up’s

2003, 13 year old Josh mw3epa,

2004, m3dnc 13 year old Bobbie, and m3oze James,

2005, 2w0upt Sam, and 2e0dnb Nicola,

2006, m3eyp Jimmy,

I can say 2e0dnb Nicola is now a proud parent of Jane-Louise , and dosnt have time to come walking with her dad,

And Bobbie m3dnc is almost a proud mother, in hospital waiting for the arrival of her first child, so going to be a longtime before she’s out walking again,

Steve m0sgb

They are all there on that page Steve. Not forgetting 2007 Thomas M3OOL and Timothy 2E0KEA either.

Please pass on my congratulations and best wishes to Nicola and Bobbie.

But back on thread, congratulations to you Nathan.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
quote from m1eyp,
They are all there on that page Steve. Not forgetting 2007 Thomas M3OOL and Timothy 2E0KEA either.

Tom I think either I wrote it wrong or you not read the thread properly, what I ment was where are all the past winners & runner up’s now, what are they doing, are they still walking or even better are they still into radio,
I know that Thomas and Timothy are still active just like Jimmy,
on a note about Bobbie 27 hours in labour and still waiting,

Steve m0sgb

In reply to M3OYG:
Yet another proud moment for you Brian and well done Nathan you deserve it. Sean M0GIA

Sorry Steve, my fault, I read it literally. Too much time in the company of 14 year olds myself hi!

Good point though. I met M3OOL and 2E0KEA, also M3TMX who must be a 2009 contender at the NP Fun Day, so they are very active. Not heard from MW3EPA or 2W0UPT for some time.

Jimmy M3EYP is still going strong!

Tom M1EYP

In reply to GW0DSP:

‘Let’s also take this opportunity to thank Richard G3CWI and Sotabeams for his generosity in sponsoring this wonderful Challenge for the past 6 years. The Sotabeams Challenge helps to encourage youngsters into our hobby.’

Mike. I would just like to second that. It certainly encourages the youngsters to take part and through SOTA and this challenge it promtes the hobby in the best possible way while giving the participant a variety of new skills both within the hobby and out on the hills.

73’s
Ian 2E0EDX