SOTA W3 Association News!

Hello all,

I’m very pleased to announce that the SOTA Program now has a W3 Association. The W3 Association encompasses the States of Pennsylvania, Maryland and Delaware. The State of Delaware has no qualifying summits at this time. For additional information about the SOTA W3 Association, please use the link to view more.

http://sotaw3.homestead.com/index.html

Ed, WA3WSJ

In reply to WA3WSJ:
Congratulations Ed, It’s great that that North America is starting to get the bug. With all the Associations this year… W1,W6,VE2 and now W3.
I look forward to some S2S and chasing this coming year !

Andrew
K1YMI / GM1YMI

In reply to WA3WSJ:
Well done Ed! I can’t wait to work you…
Stu

In reply to KI6J:
Great news Ed. Hope to contact W3 summit if possible saturday. I am getting summit here.

Also, why don’t you include a link to our association: http://ve2sota.radioamateur.ca

73!

JP VA2SG

In reply to WA3WSJ:

Welcome to the gang Ed!

We should make plans for a North American SOTA day in 2010.

Tom, N2YTF
W1 Manager

In reply to WA3WSJ:
Yes. Absolutely fantastic news from Ed.

Note that the W3 association officially goes “live” on 1/1/2010 in the database etc. I look forward to the first activations Ed.

Keep your eyes peeled for other updates in the New Year. :slight_smile:

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to WA3WSJ:
Way to go Ed. Will be great to get some W3 to W6 S2S. Welcome! Updated links on W6 Site to include W3 and VE2. Happy Holidays to all!

John
KI6NN

Hi Ed,

I hope some activations take place in W3.

Will the state of Delaware have some qualifying summits soon?

Merry Christmas

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:
Hi Jimmy

Unfortunately the topography of Delaware means there are no P500 (feet) summits that qualify for SOTA. However Pennsylvania and Maryland have a good number for Ed and others to get their teeth into.

Happy Holidays…

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to WA3WSJ:

Looking forward to working some W3 summits in the near future! Thanks for the effort! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Mike VA6FUN