SOTA Tour DM/NW, 26/5 - 28/5 2022.

Next week I will stay in Lemgo. In the DM/NW region. They are relatively low summits, so easy to reach. I will try to activate ten summits in three days. Using QCX for 30 meter, and as backup QCX for 40 meter. Antenne will be HyEndFed for 30 meter and the EFHW 40/30/20 as backup.

26/5:
DM/NW-256
DM/NW-078
DM/NW-063

27/5:
DM/NW-250
DM/NW-267
DM/NW-266
DM/NW-135

28/5:

DM/NW-089
DM/NW-062
DM/NW-148

Hope to cu on the bands.

73 - Tonnie - PA9CW

4 Likes

Today all three planned SOTAs can activate. Only Ascension day in Germany is a so-called Männertag. Then there are some groups of men walking around here and there with carts with a decent supply of alcohol. It is then consumed somewhere. Unfortunately, at the last summit, a group of men was celebrating quite a bit. All three picnic tables were unfortunately occupied. With very noisy young people. So just sit a little further in the grass. I kept the activation a bit shorter. It was a very noisy one at times.

Tomorrow four SOTA’s.

4 Likes

I lived for 2 years in Detmold many years ago and know Lemgo quite well. It is a nice area. Enjoy your trip. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Tonnie,

Many thank for my last DM/NW needed summit DM/NW-256 :+1: :wink:

73, Éric
F5JKK

2 Likes

Hi Tonnie,
nice to had a S2S Winterberg 《》 Bröhn yesterday over the short distance of 39km. Your trip reminds me to all this summits, I have been in the last years.

Sorry about the noisy Männertag or most called Vatertag (day of father) with all the more or less drunken young people. A friend of mine asks one of the boys: “Are you surely a father?” He replies:" Not yet, but I hope tonight"
73 Chris

1 Like

Thanks for those. I was especially glad to catch you on the first two today, as they’re now completes for me. :slight_smile: The last would also have been a complete, but the propagation had changed and I couldn’t hear you. Such is life. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks all chasers. And all the S2S contacts. I had a wonderful time in DM/NW. The wx was fine. Nice temperature, but sometimes to much wind on the top of the summit. On one summit my mast didn’t hold it. And dropped down.
Conditions were sometimes good, and sometimes vy bad.

All actibvations were made with the QCX for 30 meter with HyEndFed.

73 - Tonnie - PA9CW

5 Likes

Hi Tonnie @PA9CW.

Even though we didn’t hear each other, thanks for your video report. You had a great time.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

2 Likes

Hi Tonnie,

thank’s for the nice video. I remember these hills very well, because I have activated them myself some years ago - but all QSO were made in SSB.
73 de Lutz

1 Like

Hi Tonnie,
I live in Hanover about 50-100km east of these summits. And all activated at least once over the last few years.
With your impressions, the pleasant memories come back and I have a great desire to activate them again.
Thank you very much for your video,
Chris

1 Like

I recognise the spots you chose to operate from on two of the last three, as I used the same stump on Stapellager Berge and the same picnic bench on Hengeberg. HF conditions seemed to have changed considerably between Hünenburg and Hengeberg, as I couldn’t hear you from the last one. Thanks again for those activations, especially for the completes. Maybe I’ll get to complete some of the others next time I’m out that way. :slight_smile:

2 Likes