Last year, F6HBI and I failed this treck ! So it is time to try again !
It was long time that DUCROUX’s Family did not talk about them ! Let’s go for a nice adventure ! Roger F5LKW and I (F5HTR) will walk for a long trip to activate 5 summits over 2500 m in a day ! Gérald will not come with us cause works.
References are : F/AM-256, F/AM-242, F/AM-264, F/AM-258 et F/AM-280
5 sommits over 2500 m :
F/AM-256 : Cime des Lauses :2651 m
F/AM-242 : Le Pépoiri : 2674 m
F/AM-264 : La cime de Belletz : 2610 m
F/AM-258 : Le Caire Archas : 2632 m
F/AM-280 : Le mont Archas : 2520 m
we know quite well the area, this is also the National Park of Mercantour
We were not sure about path in the Cime de Belletz but today Gérald F6HBI went there without radio and made a tracing for us. So now we get ready !
Departure : 4h30 / 05h00 AM, as soon as the light of day appear, We will activate summits in the order listed above. Departure from “parking des Millefonds” (2000 m) where we will camp the day before!
Arriving via “le Villars” : 1400 m
more than 20 Km walking
we will be equipped with a transmitter APRS, you can follow us live during our ascents !
http://aprs.fi/ enter F5LKW-7 You will follow our trace !
- CALLSIGN : F5LKW/p for Roger et F5HTR/p for me
- DATE : Thursday June 24th
- TIME : first summit about 07h30 AM ! We rely on you to get up so early on purpose!
- QRG : 7.032 MHz, 10.118 MHz, 14.062 MHz
- RIG : Only one station cause very long trip, FT-817, only one battery and MP-1 antenna, my mast and my doublet, nothing else superfous !
- TRAFIC : As we have to walk a lot between summits, we will make short activity on each one. We think to do 20 qso for each station only. We have to walk for 8 hours so no to much time to stay on the air.
Of course, we are asking chasers to be disciplined ! Do not send 2 time your callsign, it will be faster like that ! Don’t worry, at that altitude we listen everybody!
- QSL : We send QSL cards to people who we have contacted at least 4 times !
- TRECK : You can see our trip on this image: http://trampolin.free.fr/crbst_7.html Go to SOTA x 5
See you and good luck
Roger and Bob
F5LKW-7 and F5HTR