Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Summits | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | Sotlas | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

SOTA Spotter Problem

For some reason, my SOTA Spotter app on my Galaxy S20 seems to have gone rogue and is draining my phone battery in less than 6 hours, it should last 19 hours. When looking at what is straining the phone battery it says there is an issue with the app. Has anyone else had this problem?

I don’t have it, but often high current drain are a sign that the app is trying many times to make a connection (and failing). I’d suggest checking that the internet access chain is working correctly and responding quickly. The frequency of retries and refreshing content could also be checked.
73 Andrew VK1DA/VK2DA

1 Like

Despite I had some issues with sending spots in the last time, SOTA Spotter is running fine for me and definitely not draining the battery.
You could delete all settings of SOTA Spotter to start with a pristine state: To do this go to Android Settings → Apps and for SOTA Spotter clear the local storage.
Of course you have to enter your SOTA password and all other settings, again.

73 de Michael, DB7MM

1 Like