Sota SMS format, help please

No, it’s a one way push. You know it’s worked (within reason) because you get a flurry of chasers. My CW keyer sends “CQ SOTA CQ SOTA DE MM0FMF/P MM0FMF/P K” at about 19wpm. If I send a spot and send that memory twice then I normally have some callers waiting when the second send completes if it’s weekend time. If 5 minutes of CQ results in no calls then it’s fair to assume either the spot failed or the band is closed.

It isn’t quite that automatic with SSB in W6 and I can’t see it getting better until the sunspots come back from vacation.

What percentage of SMS spots fail to parse? Maybe it just isn’t a problem that needs fixed.

wunder

I’ve never checked in detail but under 1% is my feeling.

Andy sent several real SMS spots on Wednesday evening when I was on hill w3/pd-008 cross mountain and none of them generated a spot.
The good thing that came of this was that I used rbn to spot my CW signal and I completed my first CW activation. Which is/was huge for me.

Anyway figured I’d let you know.
This is what I sent.
$ w3 pd-008 7.185 ssb Cq Cq

Richard // N2GBR

1 Like

Well, it took me a moment to understand what was wrong here. Then I realised. “Hey Andy, don’t forget to actually enable the damn server after you finish setting up the new software!”

Working now. :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for your work on this… used it today… It Works!
Richard // N2GBR