SOTA Management Team changes

The SOTA Management Team is pleased to announce that Les Allwood, G3VQO will be joining the Management Team with effect from 1st August 2007. Les played a pivotal role in bringing the French and Belgian Associations into being and has been very active in the Programme for several years.

Richard Newstead, G3CWI will be standing down from the SOTA Management Team. Richard has been involved in SOTA from the very earliest days and together with G3WGV was instrumental in defining the programme rules, plus the marketing and launching of SOTA.

As a result of these changes, there will be some realignment of responsibilities. Roger, MW0IDX will take over the role of Treasurer and Jon, GM4ZFZ will be responsible for the SOTA web site in addition to his sterling work on the SOTAWatch system. Other changes will be notified in due course.

Please join us in welcoming Les to the Team and in thanking Richard for all his hard work since 2001.

SOTA Management Team

In reply to M1EYP:

Congrats Les, on your promotion to the SOTA Management Team!
Thanks Richard, for all your sterling work over the years and devotion to CW, in particular! I know that Les, will do ‘his best’ to continue this tradition.

73s de Peter G(W)3TJE+

In reply to M1EYP:
There are now many hundreds of us who owe a huge debt of gratitude to those who dreamed up SOTA, those who brought it to fruition and those who keep it running.

Thanks, guys!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to M1EYP:

Congratulations on joining the MT les.

It’s nice to see that you are being rewarded for your superb work on behalf of sota, especially with France and Belgium. Well done Les.

I’m sorry that I didn’t get to cast a vote myself, but I wasn’t aware of the iminent changes taking place.

To Richard, I’m sorry to hear of your departure from the MT, you will be sadly missed, thanks a million for all you have done in the interests of sota and its members.

73 Mike

In reply to M1EYP:
Congratulation to Les, for this responsability. Les have make a very good job for the création of French SOTA!!
Thank’s very much Les and good luck in your reponsabilities!!
best regards
73’s
f5nep
Lionel

In reply to M1EYP:

Les
To be invited to become part of the SOTA management team is a well-deserved honour. Many congratulations.

Richard
You can now take a back seat secure in the knowledge that you were one of the major players responsible for creating a new aspect of amateur radio that has continued to expand and has breathed new life into the hobby. Many thanks for your devotion since 2001, which is much appreciated.

73 Roy G4SSH

In reply to G4SSH:
Congratulations Les and I wish you all the best in youe new role.

Richard many thanks for your stirling work in the past

73 Graham G4JZF

to Richard,G3CWI: many thanks for a great job you have done.
Your activations brought me to SOTA, a magnificent part of my life.
I hope you dont forget your HF-friends outside the UK and we´ll
meet again from time to time.

to Les, G3VQO: good to know you are in the MT now.
Congratulations and many thanks for all you´ve already done.

Vy73 de Fritz DL4FDM,HB9CSA

In reply to M1EYP:

Congratulations to Les on a just reward for all the excellant work you have done bring new associations online.

To Richard - it was a chance QSO with you that introduced me to SOTA and revitalised my interest in hill walking. I now have a new zest for life and am a lot fitter and lighter than I was a year ago. Many thanks for all your work.

73 Glyn

In reply to GM4CFS:
Thanks for all your hardwork Richard in getting SOTA up and running. I’m still waiting for our first CW qso!
Congratualtions Les, more hardwork for you I imagaine.
Thanks both
Q

To Richard G3CWI:

Thanks for all you have done for SOTA, from the outset Richard. I’d bet that after all the hard work planning, followed by the ponderous beginnings of 2002 you’d have been truly amazed at how healthy it all looks now. What is really impressive is that you got it 99% right first time. Great work! No doubt you will continue with your activating, so CU on the radio.

To Les G3VQO:

Congratulations on ‘nailing the vacancy’ Les. They only take the cream! SOTA remains in good, sensible hands! Thank you in anticipation.

73, John
(G4YSS)