SOTA LD Weekend 2021 - Saturday Evening

I saw your spot and listened for you from GW/MW-013, but heard nothing. FT70D with ladderline Jpole on 5m pole - I didn’t try 2m SSB or CW as the FT817 was tied up with the 13cm transverter ready to pounce if the opportunity arose. Which it did :o)

I managed S2S with Andy M0FMF and Stuart G1ZAR on 13cm SSB, and with Dave M0JKS on 4m FM, plus a few more on 2m FM. 2m was really busy, though, so I’m sure I missed out on a lot more!

Thanks for all the contacts,
Adrian

1 Like

Thanks for trying, Adrian. Most GW/NW summits would have been no problem but maybe GW/MW a bit of a stretch with only my 5W to a J-pole.

Well done. I met Andy walking down Gummers How as I was walking up it, and he told me about his success with 13cm.

John mentioned the continuing growth of the program, specifically number of accounts and number of summits. I said we see on average about 35 account creations a week. It was a busy weekend (not over yet). So far since 0000Z 11-sep there have 18 unique sign-ups and 1 YB station who loves SOTA so much he created 2 accounts to go with 7 he created last week. I’m still just about able to delete them faster than he can create them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It was great to get you S2S Adrian from G/LD-030, I must admit when I first clocked the GW4 and the summit to summit, I started filling out the log as GW/NW-0 for your summit reference, I was pleasantly surprised when it turned out you where on GW/MW-013. The furthest contact of the day for me on 2m at 117.68 miles.

1 Like

Hi Mark,

So who are the gentlemen and the lady in this photo? I do not recognise their faces (except Andy MM0FMF), but I am sure there must be some familiar call signs lined up.

73 Heinz

1 Like

Left to right standing:
Andy G6PJZ, Mary (XYL M0WiV), John M0WIV, Colin M1BUU, Paul G4IPB, Andy MM0FMF, John G3WGV, Andy G8CPZ, Geoff GM4WHA, Karl M0WKG, Mark M0NOM, ???.
Sitting Shane G6WBS

3 Likes

Looking at the photo it reminds me of football players lining up to defend a free kick. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

To be honest Tom I can’t remember.
Hope your cruising is going well for you.
Best 73

1 Like

A great evening. Good to meet you all. (It’s always fascinating to see who you can recognise ‘in the flesh’ from their pictures on here or QRZ!) :grinning:

1 Like