SOTA Lake District Weekend Date: 17-18 Sept 2022 (Part 1)

I’d like to propose the weekend of 17th - 18th September 2022 for the SOTA Lake District Weekend 2022 (part #2). Kids go back to school on the 7th here, so after one clear weekend hopefully pressure on accomodation will have dropped a little.

I’ve done a search for major events in the Lake District and didn’t find any, but we’ll leave this as a proposed date now in case anyone finds something major!

Regards, Mark.

12 Likes

Hi Mark, its 2 weeks after the Final Backpackers Contest, so may change to this date and forget the 5th Contest?? The 17th coincides with OE5-SOTA Day, so would certainly make for HF S2S’s???
I think I will put an alert on as I can always change the date if something happens??

In September the other issue will be WX!!! :crossed_fingers:

Tony

I’m keen to pop up for this @M0NOM Mark, hopefully with the family. When will you look at confirming the dates? I’ll book a hotel then, no more driving 4 hours for me and activating a full day and driving back!! :rofl:

73, GW4BML. Ben

1 Like

We do that all the time now Ben, Gone are the days as you say of driving for hours then a 3 hr hike up and 3 hr down and then drive home HaHa,

Elaine and I will be making a weekend of it and do some “Touristy Things” either side of the Activity.

Tony

2 Likes

I think it’s the better option! I do love activating in the lakes, so I’ll be up for this event :blush:

1 Like

Count me in Mark.

1 Like

Awesome. Count me in (again) Mark. Has the pub resumed serving food?

1 Like

Hi Mark

I am looking forward to that very much. I have alerted for Lambrigg on Saturday and Arnside Knott on Sunday.

Nick G4OOE

1 Like

Pub has started serving food again, yes.

I’ll leave it till the end of tomorrow for anyone to come back with a serious issue, then we’ll set the date in stone.

Mark.

5 Likes

I’ll be there I hope. And I should be semi-retired as well by then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Looking forward to it. I can’t make the Saturday but hope to make it to the pub on the night. Will see who is going where on the Sunday and pick a summit.

Andrew
M0TRI

1 Like

Welcome to the club Andy, just don’t tell Mark :wink:

+1 and the dog…. Don’t tell Mark but as of 1st September I will be fully retired and my better half is already preparing the list of jobs! I’ll start my route planning but it might be Great Gable and (Edit unless I become incredibly fit Pillar is too far) Kirk Fell… , but the Sunday might be a lot shorter… One downside of the R word is unfortunately the age that comes with it, now if I could have only retired at 30 when all my joints moved without complaining!
Thanks Mark

Paul

3 Likes

Looking forward to meeting everyone again in September!

I retired* a month ago but my elderly Mum hasn’t been well so the expected escape to the hills hasn’t happened yet. Did manage a local POTA first activation which was quite enjoyable being chased by US stations (and curiously a couple of SOTA activators) but its not really a replacement for the real thing :wink:

Jonathan

*I did retire early but as I quite enjoyed my job and the people there, I’ve agreed a zero hours contract so I have the option to go back and help from time to time, but not until after a long break!

1 Like

Hi Nick, I had already alerted for Lambrigg Fell,
As It is the ONLY LD summit I can activate without any issues for me medically. Hoping to be up there an hour after you arrive, so we will see you up there?
Gonna go to the back wall left of the Turbine road?? within AZ.

Tony

1 Like

There is a chance we might be over again around that time to do student moves again :grinning: Esther are you on for a try?

2 Likes

Is this some new kind of dancing the kids are doing? Should I search TikTok for examples?
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for all the interest, let’s set the date so folk can start making plans.

I’ll run the same light hearted contest as last time, not sure about prizes but I’m sure we can rustle something up.

I’ll get all the details together and post something shortly.

Mark

5 Likes

Put me down as a possible, it looks as if the campsites aren’t as full as they were in 2020 and we can find somewhere more central.

1 Like

Hopefully we will be there again! And get to the meet up this year.