SOTA FUN EVENING

LET’S DO IT AGAIN

Hi to everyone, I have left it until the last possible minute because of the recent wx across the UK, some greenhouse effec/global warming, hi.

I notice that Les G3VQO/P will be out on G/SE-002, Tom M1EYP/P on G/SP-015, Barry MW3PXW/P might be out about 19:30 utc on GW/NW-042, Myself, GW0DSP/P will be on either GW/NW-043 or old faithful GW/NW-062.
I will alert officially nearer to kick off time and would ask all participating stations to alert on sotawatch 2 as normal.

Come on, the more the merrier, let’s have as many stations as possible up on their local summit this evening.

To the chasers, we will be looking for your continued support and hope you will do your superb spotting job for those on the summits, also please pass any spots on to the activators, so we can get as many s2s contacts as possible.

NOW THE IMPORTANT BIT, KEEP IT SAFE, NO RISKS AT ALL !!!

Let’s make it another huge success.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

I will be listening for you all, any chances of a contact on a different band welcome. Hope to hear lots of 6m activity.

Regards Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GW0DSP:

I know the weather wasnt helpful, but a bit more notice would have enabled me to get out on SP-010. The batteries are charged ready, but the gear needs packing and food needs eating. I get home from work about 6:30 and given notice can turn around and be on summit in less than an hour. Without notice I would find it difficult to be on summit before 8:30pm.

I’ll be chasing (ish) tonight to rack up some more SWL points.

Perhaps a “Tuesday is On (WX-allowing)” posted on a monday evening would allow us that are willing but not able (at such short notice) to get out there.

Ian
G7ADF

In reply to G7ADF:

Fully understood Ian, but I couldn’t risk it any earlier under the wx circumstances.
There are five alerted up to now so we will all be listening for you, wether on summit or as caser/swl.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

At least its a good opportunity to test my new 6m antenna at home :slight_smile:

Gotta look on the bright side.

Oh I can have a beer too :slight_smile:

Ian
G7ADF