SOTA friends net on Peanut - 0900z Monday 20th April

Hi Andrew, what Category and Room did have set-up. I am using a win10 Tablet. I have peanut working.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

As per Guru’s post above, category ALL and room SOTA.

Also worth viewing is the “control panel” page, http://peanut.pa7lim.nl/. You can type SOTA into the search box and see a list of callsigns signed into that room. There are many many “rooms”.

I registered with the DMR system too. That was the only way to have my name display on the peanut screen when logged in.

Cheers
Andrew
VK1DA/VK2UH

I’ll be there !
(like in the song by the Four (SOTA?) Tops, the lead singer surely shows some “prominence” … hi)

When a lot of people sign in … we will need a “master of ceremonies” (net control) …
A perfect job for Tom I guess :wink:

Luc ON7DQ

1 Like

We are underway!

In Peanut we have:

@M1EYP
@G4BLH
@MM0FMF
@EA2IF
@VK2HRX
@VK3YY
@VK3SQ
@GW8OGI
@ON7DQ
@ON6UU
@2E0AGB
@EA2BD
@M1BUU

2 Likes

see this post for how to show the Dashboard AND Peanut at the same time on Android
(split screen mode in recent Android versions)

Luc ON7DQ

1 Like

Oh,

just found something else …

On the Dashboard, on the left is a Last Heard list
You can also type SOTA in the search box, and then the callsigns are clickable, and bring you to their qrz.com page

Looking at the timestamp will also show if something is going on in the SOTA room at the moment … “Look who’s talking !”

Luc ON7DQ

1 Like

Hi Tom, great roll-up today/ tonight. Thanks for organising this. Good to talk to the range of hams from around the planet and hear their voices.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

2 Likes

Great hearing a lot of people on the SOTA Peanut Get Together. SOTA PGT … …

lots of 73
Frank

2 Likes

Excellent audio on the system and great to hear some voices and putting them to call signs that I havent heard before.
Compton

2 Likes

A bit of a hurried try of Peanut for me, then my XYL arrived home with food shopping, so I had to disappear to help.

Sounds as though Peanut will work great for a SOTA net, I hope to join in properly next time.

Colin

2 Likes

Nice one everyone :star_struck: :heart_eyes:

best 73
Allen

2 Likes

Thanks everyone for joining another excellent global SOTA Peanut net. I think everyone enjoyed the conversation.

The poll at the top of this thread remains live and open, so feel free to modify your vote options if you wish, or place your votes if you’ve not already done so. You can vote for more than one option.

How about Thursday 9th April 1930 UTC for the next schedule get-together?

1 Like

Hi Tom, 10.30utc any day suits me. That equates to 08.30pm vk2/ vk3 time.

73 de Geoff vk3sq

That becomes 5:30 AM local time in Sydney. As I said on the net, lucky Peanut doesnt have a camera invovled!

How about 2130 instead?

2 Likes

2130 is more practical for east coast VK, being 0730 local. In ZL it is local 0930 and in Western Australia, 0530. 2100 would probably work too. I think the chat on Monday 6th was still going an hour after it started. Maybe it can start earlier for those who are around then, continuing as additional participants join in during the following hour or more?

I actually got engaged earlier in the evening, ie around 0730 UTC in some QSOs on 80m, wanting to make 4 CW contacts for the ZL-sponsored Marathon (4 contacts per day on as many days as possible between now and the end of the year). The callers kept coming and 80m was quiet, signals were big from ZL and VK5. So I didn’t get into the kitchen until 1930 local, 0930 UTC, then was busy with dinner for an hour and finally looked at the dashboard and found a dozen callsigns still listed. But by then it was time to do the dishes etc, so that timeslot didn’t work for me last night.

I’ll try to log in for the next one… thanks Tom.

73 Andrew VK1DA/VK2UH

I’m OK if the timeslot gets shared around a bit so others in different time zones are able to have a go at a reasonable time.

Hi Tom, 21.30 world be fine also for me. Geoff vk3sq

Hi, I don’t mean to hijack this thread, but just wondered why Peanut had been selected (given that it doesn’t run on iPhones) rather than something like EchoLink (which I think runs on any device)? I’ve never used either, so this is a genuine query rather than promotion of my favourite mode (a la cw/ssb/FT8… :wink:)

Sorry just found the original thread here. I should probably have posted this query there. If an admin can move this I’d be grateful. Thanks