SOTA Founders shooting the breeze

Every now and again John G3WGV and I like to get together to reminisce over a few beers.

Who would have thought it would become such a successful programme? Not us!

Cheers all.

73 Richard G3CWI

56 Likes

Great to see the 2 SOTA Founders getting together for some beers. Given that SOTA’s Co-Founder Richard @G3CWI attended Ben @GW4BML’s Hog Roast earlier this year, I hope the SOTA Founder and President John @G3WGV can be persuaded to attend the Hog Roast that Ben @GW4BML has already started to organise for next year.

Jimmy M0HGY

7 Likes

Enjoy! Athough it seems that John @G3WGV has been given a short measure.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Cheers to the founders of SOTA - what a great scheme you both created! Here’s to many more years of SOTA fun :beers:

73, Ben
GW4BML

11 Likes

We had been there for a while… and I had to drive home!

7 Likes

We discussed this. I will try to be there next year.

10 Likes

Is that small or far?

3 Likes

Extra extra large, that’s all we drink in GW :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Hi John,

Hopefully me and my dad Tom @M1EYP will be at the Hog Roast next year if my dad isn’t booked to do a gig on this same day. If we can go to this Hog Roast, we hope to see you there and we hope you’ll do a speech at this Hog Roast as well.

Jimmy M0HGY

3 Likes

Cheers to you both and thank you for SOTA which has given me so much pleasure over the years and kept me fit in my retirement :grinning:…long may it continue…

73 Allan

10 Likes

Cheers!

On the hill there are times when the breeze does the shooting!

1 Like

You two have cost me a small fortune…

Given me a wee bit of fun too :slight_smile: :rofl:

Thanks from one happy SOTA participant
73 Gerald

10 Likes

Just the other day I was sitting on a summit working SSB/CW and thinking how lucky am I to be able to do this. Amazing obsession for sure in spite of some hardships involved with getting it done. Thanks for an amazing program with in a great hobby.
Regards
Ian vk5cz …

14 Likes

A great idea, and a well deserved celebration.
73 de OE6FEG / M0FEU
Matt

1 Like

Well deserved… Cheers Guys :beers: