SOTA DXpedition

November 2022 is the date. I don’t know if it will include a summit attempt. See

Andrew G4VFL

1 Like

They seem very well prepared. I dread to think of the cost but I’m not sure they are going to be doing any SOTA activations. They may stick by the coast.

Edit: Just read their budget is $650,000. :slight_smile:

Oddly enough, I liked it the first time I tried it.

My XYL, some friends and I were backpacking the Appalachian Trail in Great Smokey Mountains National Park and spent the cool October night in one of the open air shelters along the Trail. A group of attorneys from Nashville, Tennessee were there as part of their annual outdoor adventure trip, and each was nursing a bottle of his favorite single-malt whiskey, packed along for evening chats. After the other hikers had crawled into their sleeping bags, we sat up talking around the fading embers of the dying fire. When they heard I didn’t know single malts, they kindly insisted I sample each one. I thought Laphroaig was the clear winner.

Beginner’s luck? :smile:

Scott WB8ICQ

2 Likes

I’m all for doing something similar. But, it will have to be really quick (before my wife kills me :wink:)

2 Likes

Russia is on my list. I’m sure there are plenty of opportunities for SOTA firsts in Adriatic Russia that would interest both SOTA and DX aficionados.

Regards, Mark

1 Like

The activations in the Urals look fairly amazing. Makes me realise how easy SOTA is in UK compared to some parts of the world.

4 Likes

There are some Irish hams involved in the prepartion of the activation of the island… unfortunately no SOTA. But IOTA for sure. :slight_smile: But it is not easy at all. The last attempt had to be cancelled. Hope they will make it in the next attempt. Fingers crossed…

2 Likes