SOTA day 2011?

Hi all,

what is the date of SOTA Day in this year?

Zsolt
HG4UK

International SOTA Weekend is from Friday 29th April to Monday 2nd May.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Two days to go… so? its “official” or not?

73, Panos, SV1COX

Yes!

International SOTA Weekend 2011 is upon us!

The main days are Saturday 30th April and Sunday 1st May, but for those of us lucky enough, there are also the Bank Holidays on Friday 29th April and Monday 2nd May.

There is a healthy number of alerts on for UK activations for the Friday, but it is hoped that alerts for the rest of the weekend from around the SOTA world, will appear in good numbers over the next two days.

The past two International SOTA Weekends have been characterised by unusually high numbers of S2S HF QSOs between activations in different associations. This indeed was the aim of Sean M0GIA who first mooted the idea of International SOTA Weekend.

See you all on 7.032MHz CW +/- QRM.

73, Tom MR1EYP/P

It is also worth noting that several Korean stations will be on HF during the weekend. If you need a new continent (and the two summits needed for the Mountain Hunter Award) this could be a good opportunity

Barry GM4TOE

In reply to M1EYP:

International SOTA Weekend 2011

See you all on 7.032MHz CW +/- QRM.

…in a very lot of. So i will work most times on 10.118 ± a lot of… :wink:
And 144.310 ± not a lot of QRM :wink:

In reply to DL2AJB:

I hope to be on a summit - and I will NOT have a key with me!

Bring back phone!

:-))

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:
Me too Brian… I’ll be spending the “long winter nights” learning CW I think. Meantime I’ll be using phone for my activations.

Infrequently activated summit for me tomorrow - GM/WS-037 Am Bodach, south east of Fort William. 145-fm only as Sue (XYL) and I will be having another fairly long walking day and I will only get the chance to carry limited kit.

If I am home on Sunday I’ll try to get out into my local hills in North East Wales.

Gerald MW6AQU

In reply to MW6AQU:

Shame its only FM, Gerald, I am very fond of the Mamores and its beyond my reach here! Good luck.

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

Bring back phone!

We are 4 operators on weekend. One of them also spends some qso in phone :slight_smile:

In reply to G8ADD:

Bring back phone!

We are 4 operators on weekend. One of them also spends some qso in phone :slight_smile:

Well I had a good day out on G/WB-019 and G/WB-021 today on 60m, 40m and 2m (phone only on all 3 bands).

Although the WX was not great at least the rain held off until just as I got home!

I managed a Total of 9 S2S QSO’s (7 of them scoring for me).

Thank you all for a good start to the Weekend.

CU on the bands for the rest of the Weekend.

Not quite sure where Matt M3WDS and I will be on Sunday or Monday, but perhaps a couple in the Welsh Borders or South Wales.

Stewart GR0LGS