SOTA CSV Editor - New Version

Hi,

The latest version of my SOTA CSV Editor has just been made available.

It fixes a problem that users in certain regions had with loading the Summits list.
(my Thanks to LA6DSA for contacting me about the issue).

If you are already using an older version then Press Ctrl-F1 and click the button to ‘Check for Update’

Further information is available from G0LGS: Software Information

Stewart G0LGS

2 Likes

Thanks for the update Stewart.
Ian vk5cz …

Thanks Stuart

73 Allan GW4VPX

Great program! Makes uploading activations SO much easier. Thanks for creating it and keeping it updated!

Dave, AE9Q

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I have created a similar tool as a web tool or single page app.

Please feel free to test it. I’m happy for bug reports and feature requests.

Here is the link: http://sotatool.ziegler.bz/

HB9GVC, Thomas

Just out of interest Stewart what language is the editor programmed in, if you don’t mind me asking?

Thanks, Mark.
M0NOM

Does this work on a Mac?

Mark,

The Program is written in C using the CodeBlocks IDE and MinGW.

It is a Windows Program !

Ah cool, I wasn’t expecting the answer to be C!

I had a very successful contracting career for 9 years which started off using C and X-Windows Motif - developed on Sun workstations and deployed to Alpha/OpenVMS servers. This was at British Gas the application was a graphical network analysis tool with Fortran analysis engine to determine flows and pressures in local gas pipe networks.

After that I moved to the dark side of Java which made developing very large programs much easier - a safer option but not with the elegance of C.

A couple of years ago I was contacted by someone still working on that application. When I left in 1998 it was due to be replaced with software from an external company British Gas had bought. I didn’t see how that could ever happen given how bespoke it was, and clearly I was proved right in the end!

I have a lot of regard for C.

Cheers, Mark. M0NOM