SOTA Calendar Fund Raiser

I would like to encourage other SOTA regional areas ( UK, EU, VK, etc ) to use this method as a modest year-end fund raiser for the SOTA UK computer expenses, etc.

1. It is easier than you think due to the proliferation of calendar print services by a lot of the consumer print businesses, especially at year-end. These businesses target a calendar for family pictures, perfect for the SOTA family!

1. It is fun! It’s great to see photos of often-worked Activators “in-sito”, especially if it is a dramatic location with a great vista or somewhat precarious operating location! Likewise, many Chasers are multi-dimensional folks with their own very interesting stories to tell.

The most difficult aspect is collecting the photos but if you start early in the year, you will have plenty to choose from by November when you start building the calendar monthly photos.

So folks who have some photo manipulation skills, this is a fun project for 2016 and obviously a needed fund raiser for SOTA! I would be happy to share my “lessons learned” with anyone who undertakes this project!

73 and HNY to all my SOTA friends,

Guy/n7un aka nS0TA

1 Like

As a sidenote, there were 25 calendars for 2015 sold in NA, resulting in a $156 USD donation to the SOTA UK folks. HNY, Guy/n7un

2 Likes

This generosity by the North American SOTA chaps is much appreciated and will help the continued funding of the various websites and database used to keep SOTA running

Barry GM4TOE
obo SOTA Management Team

Great Idea Guy, Not as a fund raiser, rather a freebee for anyone with a Windows 7 or Windows 8 PC, I have created a screensaver slide show with pictures of my activations. Perhaps this is something that others would like to do themselves as well. Possibly as a background on any SOTA stall at hamfests etc.

If anyone wants a copy of my file, it’s available to download with instructions on how to unpack and install on my blog site here:

73 Ed DD5LP / VK2JI.

This seems to be a good time to remind SOTA enthusiasts that donations can be made through the shop using a credit / debit card or Paypal. After responding to the annual requests by email from Mozilla (Firefox and Thunderbird) and Wikipedia asking for a small amount, I felt that it was only right to do my bit for SOTA.as well. As a well-known supermarket chain says" Every Little Bit Helps".

(other supermarkets and slogans are available… :wink: )

Happy New Year to you all.

73, Gerald G4OIG

1 Like

I have updated my SOTA summits Windows Themepack (windows backgrounds slide show) to include a few more summits for anyone who is interested.

The file and details of how to simply install it are here: SOTA Windows background slideshow theme | DD5LP / G8GLM / VK2JI blog

73 Ed.