SOTA by public transport

Also noting that summits show lots of available PT stops - but typically one of them will be much more feasible/obvious than all the others. Maybe a facility for users to nominate the best PT stop for a summit, which would thereafter show as gold (for instance) rather than green?

2 Likes

Ooh, I like that idea!

There’s a few bits of metadata that could be included, like is there a public convenience nearby. Or better yet a decent plate of chips. A nominated Good Bus Stop™ would be an excellent addition.

At the moment all the data is generated offline and the actual website is static so there’s nothing that could get feedback just yet, and a database on AWS instantly starts accruing cost, but I will look into options. There might be a quick way to hack something together.

1 Like

www.ratemybusstop.com

I’ve just looked up GW/NW-043, I think that has a similar problem as several stops are on the map in the vicinity but have no bus services showing up, and there are no bus stop signs/markings in reality.
However it also has the opposite problem - there is a bus service on summer Saturdays to the Ponderosa Cafe which is the usual starting point for NW-042 and 043 but it doesn’t show up on Google. That might explain why the bus was driving around empty today!

A means for people with local knowledge to add extra details could be useful in some cases.

1 Like