SOTA-Belgium starts 1st July

As most of you will already know, SOTA-Belgium will be launched on Sunday 1st July. There are only eight SOTA summits, but already I’m hearing rumours of two potential activations. At the present moment SOTAwatch is not allowing Alerts for Belgian summits. Hopefully that will be fixed by the weekend, otherwise you’ll just have to listen carefully !

I’m not planning to be there on opening day as, with only one Belgian summit within easy reach of the Tunnel, I felt it appropriate to leave it for a resident activator. However, I do expect to be on ON/ON-008 sometime during the first week, as I need some supplies from a nearby French supermarket !

Good luck to all activators and chasers.

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO:
Sorry !
I will not be in my QRA this week-end.
Perhaps later ?
73, Andy F5AKL

In reply to G3VQO:
Will have my ears wide open…
Hey Les, what kind of supplies do you need from French supermarket ? …
Alain, F6ENO

In reply to G3VQO:

Hi Les,

Tnx again for your kind assistance in creating the ON ARM. I hope you did receive the Dutch draft by now.

I am happy to announce Jean-Pierre ON7ZM plans to activate ON/ON003 (Baraque de Fraiture) on 7070 kHz next Sunday, July 1st, ETA 0700 UTC.

73, happy SOTA-ing,

Johan on5ex

Wishing you all well with the launch of ON SOTA on Sunday. As you can now see, ON is fully integrated in SOTAwatch (thanks to Jon GM4ZFZ), and I see that one station has posted an alert. Is anyone else going to be out?

In reply to M1EYP:
We’ve had postings from ON4AXW and ON3RP. Wait and see!
Johan on5ex

We’ve had postings from ON4AXW and ON3RP. Wait and see!

I can only see the posting from ON7ZM…?

Good to hear that the launch is going to be well supported. Hope it all goes well, and that you have a more favourable wx forecast than UK for the weekend!

73, Tom, M1EYP

Weather doesn’t look promising.

Heavy rain and possible thunderstorms are on the menu for sunday.

Peter

In reply to ON3WAB:

Well Peter I will be all ear’s, hope things go ok and that the weather doe’s not spoil things.

73 de G0VWP