SOTA at the Huntsville, AL Hamfest 2019

The Huntsville Hamfest (August 17 & 18) is a great hamfest to attend and we will have a big SOTA presence there this year. We will have a club booth and all are welcome to bring a chair and hang out. There will be two, yep you heard that right, two SOTA presentations on Sunday this year. Michael-KM4CRB will be doing a general presentation on the SOTA program and I will be doing a presentation/demo on a lot of the tools and resources that we use for selecting a summit and planning an activation. Michael’s presentation will be at 10 a.m. and I will follow at 11 a.m on Sunday the 18th.

And par for the course, a bunch of the SOTA gang will be staying at Monte Sano State Park just outside of Huntsville. Much of the state park is located within the AZ of W4A/HR-002, so it is an ideal place for SOTA folks to stay. @W0MNA - Gary can probably fill us with more details at some point, but there is usually a QRP/SOTA gathering at one of the cabins on Saturday night.

I hope to see some familiar faces there and some new ones too!

73, pat - KI4SVM

1 Like

Just two more days to Huntsville. I will be heading out in a bit to do a couple of summits along the way. See y’all in Rocket City!

73, pat - KI4SVM