So many Web pages...Confusion for a Newbie

What’s the difference between SOTA Homepage, SOTA Reflector, SOTAwatch3, and SOTA Database? I’m so confused, I just want to log in my contacts as a chaser. I just don’t know how to do that I guess. I was able to do it last year on the old “reflector” even though I don’t know what that means. I must have lucked out and just happen to click on the right things. But now, I can’t seem to log on and get to my log to add new contacts. It’s a real mind twister. Sorry i’m just very new to all this. Please advise, thanks…

I’m not an expert but…

There is a single sign on - so same logon for every site.
Sotawatch - Spots and Alerts - for finding activations
Database - For logging your chases
Reflector ( Here ) - For asking questions or just sharing what you are doing
Sotamaps - maps!
and one that is very good and linked SOTLAS - Sota Atlas - abd because they all share the same database it will even show where you have chased or activated.

Hope this helps

73 Paul G4IPB

3 Likes

Ahhh, so “Reflector” refers to reflecting as in pondering and discussing, not “reflector” as in a digital mode radio node such as Yaesu System Fusion “reflector”. haha, see that’s how dumb I am. lol Ok yes, your reply helps tremendously, and thank you so much.

1 Like

Hi David,

Yes Reflector is the old name for a Forum.

All sites are linked down from sota.org.uk apart from SOTATLAS which has its own website SOTL.AS

73 Ed.

Thanks for this! I did not know about it.

Except for the Reflector, which is a different password, and requires a 10 character password. So now I have two passwords. :frowning: