Snowdonia threesome

I did a little write up and video of my recent activation of Lliwedd, Snowdonia and Aran which I thought I’d share.
Links to both on my blog: Blog
Link to just the video: video
The most challenging climbing I’ve ever done and I genuinely had a few moments on Lliwedd where I thought about stopping and backtracking on safety grounds and even more moments on Snowdon (Watkin Path) and Aran (my last summit) where I just wanted to give up and had to dig real deep to keep going.

A great trio to try but not without some planning.

Michael (G0POT)

4 Likes

Nice write-up Michael.

Y Lliwedd is tough at the best of times, with the cliffs to the north side giving ample opportunity to descend far too quickly!

Well done on managing the trio. I wonder how many have achieved that. Not me for sure!

73, Simon

Well done Michael. This is no mean undertaking. A very tiring round. Great photos and an excellent write-up. I would dearly like to do NW1 next week but we’ll see. I won’t be adding NP8 & NP19!!
73, John G4YSS

Thanks for the good write up of what sounds an exhausting day. We have Y Llewedd in our to-do list for later this year, which we thinking that we might do with Snowdon, but I’m not keen on either exposure or scrambling so Snowdon (which we’ve done previously) might get missed. We did Yr Aran in snow last year, and your descent route looks similar to the way we went up (and I don’t think I’d want to go down the way we went up).

Caroline M3ZCB