Snowdonia activations 5th-10th

I (that is to say, Tom M0FFX) will be carrying out some activations in Snowdonia very soon, from the 5th-10th. I can’t say exactly which days since that will depend to an extent on the weather and my legs!

Planned summits:

GW/NW-010 Moel Siabod. This will probably be the first one.

GW/NW-019 Yr Aran, GW/NW-008 Y Lliwedd, GW/NW-001 Snowdon - Yr Wyddfa. I plan to do these consecutively on one day, in either that or the reverse order.

GW/NW-005 Elidir Fawr, GW/NW-003 Glyder Fawr, GW/NW-006 Tryfan. Again as a group on the same day, possibly not all three though.

Any others that take my fancy in the area if I’m feeling up to it.

Bands will be 40m or 20m SSB. Owing to the usual crowds on 40 and my only having 5 watts from an ft 817, I’m quite likely to use the segment from 7100 - 7200 MHz (most likely towards the bottom). On 20 I’ll be around 14,285 kHz. In the event of high winds I will fall back on 2m FM.

Since I can’t announce detailed times and dates in advance, please spot me if you hear me!

In reply to M0FFX:
Hi Tom,

You probably already know but GW/NW-004 Y Garn (between Elidir Fawr and Glyder Fawr) is ideally placed for a quick VHF/UHF activation enroute if you have time for an additional summit.

Hope to catch you from some of the summits.

Roger MW0IDX

In reply to MW0IDX:

I’d forgotten about Y Garn. In any case, HF activations were a flop but there were sucessful VHF activations of Moel Siabod, Yr Aran, Snowdon and Y Lliwedd. Because of the problems I didn’t have time/energy to do any of the Glyders. Maybe in the summer.

Not sure if you worked me, don’t have my log handy right now.

Tom M0FFX

In reply to M0FFX:
I managed to work you on Moel Siabod (NW-010) while I was /m in Rhos on Sea. Thanks for the contact!
Roger MW0IDX