SMP new version goes live!

Not sure what is not responding but my access to the new database is hanging. I was in conversation with Andrew till just recently but he may have now dropped into the arms of Morpheus. The old DB is up but is about to go down whilst I have a fiddle about in its guts.

EDIT: no SMP is responding to me.

It appears to be a bit hit and miss right now, taking a look at it and seeing what I can do. Lots of requests in train

2pupyg

Well, it was putting substantial load it shouldn’t on the database and causing requests from SMP to be held up and in turn chewing up idle web workers while they waited for the response. Script killed and web server restarted. Holding steady at 10% utilisation of workers. Moral of the story is to not do scripting at 10pm at night on a (semi-)production server.

1 Like

Pathetic level of fail! I once misapplied a DB tweak and gave everyone 3 bonus points for ever activation they had. Suddenly everyone was a mountain goat. Taught me to always have a “WHERE …” condition on SQL that changed anything. Took Gary 3 hrs to unravel the mess as I was still learning just how much damage a SQL command can do.

1 Like

it worked well for me, a humble hunter, after being seen in my Firefox browser, in options and security tabs to find my old logging passwords!
Thank you for this beautiful Christmas gift
Eric F5JKK

Dear Rob,
many thanks for your latest great enhancements of SMP!
I tried to send you the following bug report via the contact page of SMP but I received an error message after pressing “send”.

I found a funny issue on the main mapping page, namely that outdated (invalid) summits are shown.
How to reproduce:

• Main mapping page
  • Choose Association: DL
  • Choose Region - Multi
  • Select DL/BE --> valid DL/BE summits are shown
  • Select (in addition) DL/MF --> valid DL/MF summits are shown but in addition also invalid DL/BE summits are shown.
  • when I deselect DL/MF the huge number of DL/BE summits is again reduced to the valid ones.

This happens also when I add other regions (e.g. DL/AL, DL/AM, DL/CG) and also when I select “All” regions.
I reproduced it with IE11 (and logged in as dk7mg) but also with Chrome (and without being logged in).
It seems to me that the data base filters are not always set to “valid” summits when a region is added in case of “Multi” or in case of “All” regions".
Thanks,
Andy, DK7MG

And this is the error message that I received when I tried to send my bug report via the contact page of SMP:

Hi Rob
Forget my issue. Selecting callsigns other than my own in the chaser or activator mapping page on a tablet and phone works as it should. I’ll investigate the PC concerned when I return home, confirmed it is a local issue.

73 Phil

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the bug report. I had also been seeing this same behaviour in a test page where I’m evaluating a different mapping engine than Google Maps, but I had not (yet) been able to reproduce the bug in the live site. Which was strange, since the code to pull the summits data is the same in both cases.

I’ll also look into the error from the contact page,

Cheers, Rob

Hi Andy,

So, the problem with the display of invalid summits has now been fixed - an extra pair of brackets “(…)” was missing from the code!

EDIT: contact page error also fixed.

Rob

So, the issue with the activations page not pulling the correct data has now been fixed :crossed_fingers:

Thank you Rob!
73, Andy

Hi Rob and again tks for this nice Christmas gift !
return on grid ! Since April 2018 changed my grid QTH JN18gs to JN23mx new QTH (QRZ.com it’s OK and my SOTA account also) but all my chaser QSO are from JN18 QTH ! what can I do ?
HNY Rob
Eric F5JKK

Hi Eric,

This is something I’ve already thought about in the past, and I think the solution is to permit users who are logged in to alter their own locator/lat/long for sotamaps. So, I’ll make a small dialog window for that purpose.

In the meantime, I’ve manually updated your locator, lat/long in the system to your new QTH.

Many thanks Rob :wink: you r very kind
happy new year to you all all
Eric F5JKK

Hi, I tried all my “SOTA” logins and passwords - none of them allow me to log into the new mapping page. 73 de KG7EJT

I figured it out! All my passwords for the various SOTA sites are slightly different. I found the right one. Any way we can have just one password for ALL SOTA sites? Tim

Read the first post again! :smile:

Hi Rob. This might be me but its worth an ask. Under Activations maps, enter callsign ZL2AJ, click load. Scroll down and click a summit. Error message “Error is: error” comes up. Its also not identifying (under the QSOs window) any summit to summits. Interesting to note earlier summits load fine but any in about the last 12 months (ish) do not appear to load correctly. I hope this feedback is useful. Thanks for your efforts this is a great tool.

Hi Warren, I restarted the web-server and, for good measure, the db server. The activations page seems to be giving good results now using your callsign.