Small mast holder from Decathlon

Hi, finally when I saw the beautiful matching rope of Armin, I decided to make a 3D printed object to adapt my pole with the holder perfectly. “Et voila”

This topic motivates me to enhance my system !!! TU guys !!!
I have the STL file available if someone wants to print it with the same pole.
73, Nico

4 Likes

What i’m using, a little bit havier hihi…

73 de EA3/HB9CMI

2 Likes

What is the product name of your mast?

Tnx es 73, DIZ

Markus,

Sorry if I’m answering as someone who wasn’t directly addressed, hi.
Many years ago I bought DAIWA COMPASS 500 and 600 carbon masts from Nordfishing. These are of impeccable quality and the price was around CHF 50. Today these seem to be rare and the subject of “price speculators”…

The good news: When I was recently asked for a recommendation, I purchased a SOTABEAMS 6m carbon mast… and then discovered that these masts most likely come from the same “factory”.

The top 2 segments are useless for attaching guyed wire antennas because they are much too thin, and a mounting height of approx. 4.75 m can be expected.

73, Heinz

2 Likes

This fits snugly with SOTAbeams Carbon 6. This is what I use these days.

3 Likes

Hi Ryugi,
This looks like an interesting option as it looks to be relatively light - can you tell me what the inside diameter of the spiral section is please, the linked advert doesn’t seem to give any dimensions.

73 Ed.
UPDATE - I’ve found this one on TEMU, I think its the same. But its also not clear if the 1.9" is OD or ID - it looks like OD to me).

1 Like

31mm ID, 43mm OD and weighs 193g in mine.

Thanks Ryugi,

I had forgotten the Carbon Fibre rods are thinner than the Fibre Glass ones. At under €3 each for the mounts that I found, I have ordered two. I found them on Temu hopefully they will fit my Lambdahalbe 6-metre fibreglass masts - we’ll see. Delivery is unfortunately only in 2-3 weeks.

73 Ed.

1 Like

From Decathlon, 2.99 euros…

1 Like

Would double as a spoon and a prosthetic arm too!!
Great idea though

2 Likes

Hihi, yes! It could be jajaja

Hi Jon,
When you use this base have you ever had it tip over in the direction of the hinge (the same direction that it goes when you fold it up) as there does not appear to be any lock or latch when the spike (cereal spoon) is deployed?

73 Ed.

2 Likes

What’s the part number I can buy it when I am in Spain soon

John ve3ips

The number is: Ref. : 8328113

Maybe it makes sense to order the part in advance and have it delivered to the appropriate store.

73 Armin

1 Like

Thanks. I need a bigger suitcase

I will bring 705 and a battery for 10w to a jnc mc750 vertical

John ve3ips

1 Like

I went a different way-inside the mast. I drilled a hole in the bottom bung to put a 20" length of a fiberglass driveway marker in.
Then I made a slide, or piston to put in the bottom of the mast. This keeps the smaller mast sections from falling out the hole. I also drilled a “socket” in the bottom of the slide to accept the driveway marker. This helps center the pole, and keep it from leaning too much.
Setup is just pushing the marker into the ground and dropping the mast over it.
This mast is about 4 meters long, but I have used the same idea for a 6 meter mast with a longer length of driveway marker.
I’m getting ready to start my 5th year using this setup.

2 Likes